The Hair Thread

Jamez
Banned

It's not been too evident from the very few recent photographs I have online at the moment, but my hair is now the longest it's ever been. But not in a hippy, greasy cheesehead kinda way. It's actually quite wavy and shiny.

From accusations of becoming a woman by one or two mates in jest, to others saying I look like I should be in a rock band (which is ironic...).

I've never ever been a fan of short or cropped hair, but I've never been a fan of blokes who have long hair, but have it greasy and dull.

I last had a haircut on July 2nd 2005, and I had a trim at the back a couple of months ago to level it and make it a bit choppier.

I personally think it's great, and hides my ears - which I've never liked. So what are your opinions of longer hair on blokes?

Male long hair was the fashion throughout the centuries, and only fell out of favour during mandatory conscription to the army during the war years and national service.

I don't believe that I should conform with everyone else and societies view of what people should look like, and what they should wear.

So what are your opinions?
cdd

We are talking about the hair found on one's HEAD, are we not?
antony

Jamez, do you have a picture of you? So we can see your hair.
Antony from SillyDog701 | MacCentre701
AntBlog701, a very happy Mac user
Lorns

Ooooh my very own thread 8) :D

Cut it off! I much prefer your hair short :D
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Jamez
Banned

miss hellfire wrote:Ooooh my very own thread 8) :D

Cut it off! I much prefer your hair short :D
You're in the minority, Lorna! ;)
Sput

Well without seeing a photo I can't imagine it looking anything other than daft! I'm siding with Lorns!
Knight knight
Lorns

Put a pic up Jamez and put it to the metropol vote. You know this lot will be brutally honest and then we'll see who's in the minority :D Prove me wrong boyo ;)

And for the benefit of any new members also upload a pic of you with short hair too.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
DAS

And once he's done that I might partake myself as I genuinely have exactly the same predicament.
Nick Harvey
God

She only wants to CHARGE you for cutting it off.

She's a bloomin' hairdresser, remember!

Slightly biased in her opinion, no doubt.
Adders

Nick Harvey wrote:She's a bloomin' hairdresser, remember!
It could mean she has good taste when it comes to hair.
Jamez
Banned

Sput wrote:Well without seeing a photo I can't imagine it looking anything other than daft! I'm siding with Lorns!
It's more or less like that bloke from The Mighty Boosh on BBC3. That's the closest I can describe my hair at the moment without putting a photo online.

:roll: