Back at Work?

Gavin Scott
Admin

So how many of you, like me, are back at work today?

How shit is this? I have a desk full of work to attend to but I can't seem to bring myself to start anything.

I'm being reminded of my turn on the karaoke at the staff party.

"It's raining men" indeed. :shock:
Lorns

I go back tomorrow. Can't say i'm looking forward to it. I feel i have had no-where near enough time off. I really should take more quality time off throughout the year.

Oh well, i'll make the most of today. Think i'll do bugger all.
marksi

Some of us were back a over a week ago... and are therefore offering no sympathy.
Jamez
Banned

marksi wrote:Some of us were back a over a week ago... and are therefore offering no sympathy.
Yes, but you get paid to watch telly and nip out for a fag/coffee/chat every few minutes.

I know what you "directors" do. I've seen one eating a pot noodle and surfing TV Forum while "working".

No wonder they don't want to give me a job. I'd actually do some work! ;)
Gavin Scott
Admin

I get another 5 days holiday this year. The thought occurred that I could take my holidays now and return some time in February.
marksi

Jamez, I have chosen to ignore your scurrilous accusations.

When are you back to work then? You can't spend ALL day sat there surfing Gaydar surely...
Jamez
Banned

marksi wrote:Jamez, I have chosen to ignore your scurrilous accusations.

When are you back to work then? You can't spend ALL day sat there surfing Gaydar surely...
I'm doing work - and have been over Xmas!

I'm in the process of starting my own business (the BBC had their chance to employ me...) so it's endless phonecalls to banks, suppliers and the dreaded Inland Revenue.

Everything should be up and running and online by March 1st (the goal my partner and I have set ourselves).
Lorns

Gavin Scott wrote:I get another 5 days holiday this year. The thought occurred that I could take my holidays now and return some time in February.
How nice would that be. Only to be regretted during the long hot summer we'll inevitably have if we used all our holiday time now.
A tempting thought though.
Dr Lobster*

yeah, i'm back at work today. been working all over christmas at home on my own projects but today is my first day back at the day job.

feeling the same as you gavin, got piles and piles of stuff to do, plus a load of meetings to go to over the next week or so. most of them i'm chairing so loads of guff and presentations to type up. maybe i'll feel better on monday.
Jamez
Banned

miss hellfire wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:I get another 5 days holiday this year. The thought occurred that I could take my holidays now and return some time in February.
How nice would that be. Only to be regretted during the long hot summer we'll inevitably have if we used all our holiday time now.
Become a hooker and choose your own hours.
James H

Jamez wrote:
miss hellfire wrote:
Become a hooker and choose your own hours.
Works for me!