WMA to MP3 Converter

Martin

There are literally hundreds of these with anything from spy ware to time trial limits. I'm looking for a personal recommendation of one that works, for free, without anything nasty in it. Any suggestions?
cdd

Most audio programs have batch converting features.
Martin

can you give me a name of one then?
babyben

Musicmatch Jukebox for one.

Search download.com for music converters or similar.
eoin

iTunes does this. Choose MP3 as the preferred import format in Edit -> Preferences... - > Importing. Then add a folder of wma's or a single wma file to the library from the File menu and you will be prompted to convert them.

I realise this sounds like a lot of trouble but lots of people have iTunes already, so it could be handy if you do.
Martin

babyben wrote: Search download.com for music converters or similar.
Done that ages ago, thats why I'm posting on here. It's impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff on there.

I got MusicMatch with my ipod and hated it.

I'm downloading iTunes just now.
Brad

I tried to download iTunes, but for some reason it crashed everytime I tried to open it. So I gave up. ;)

Try Cheetah Audio Converter. Free, no time trial, no limitations. VERY basic interface, but I guess that's all you need sometimes. :)

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/Cheetah- ... 78683.html
"That one!"
Gavin Scott
Admin

I use Goldwave.

Have a read of the site. There's a fully functioning evaluation version at the bottom of the page. Only a nag screen to remind you you haven't (yet) paid. I've used it for a couple of years and can safely say it's brilliant.

To save and create MP3 files the LAME MP3 Encoder must be installed - provided by a third party. This is as easy as copying a file into the Goldwave program file folder (which you can do at the install stage). A link to the file is on the download page.
Andrew Muir

This is one of the best.

dBpowerAMP
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

And its 100% Free!