iPod - A few questions

Pete

my iPod (20gig 4th gen) has a slightly annoying habit of occasionally "resetting". When I turn it on the apple logo comes on and the clicker has turned itself back on. Nothing else changes when this happens. Any ideas what this is / how to stop it.
Fireboy

Quote from Apple store:

And iPod mini lasts up to 18 hours on a single charge(1)

is this a typo or have they really managed to increase the battery life to that?

(EDIT: Turns out it is true, all of the new pages quote 18 hours)
Fireboy

Sput

Hymagumba wrote:my iPod (20gig 4th gen) has a slightly annoying habit of occasionally "resetting". When I turn it on the apple logo comes on and the clicker has turned itself back on. Nothing else changes when this happens. Any ideas what this is / how to stop it.
You might try resetting it (holding down play/pause and menu) after you charge/update it on your computer. I've heard it won't reset spontaneously after that, but you need to do it every time.
Knight knight
DJGM

It's only a matter of time before we see "RARE! GOLD iPod Mini - Buy it NOW!" over at eBay.
Fireboy

Well I ended up buying one of the new 6GB iPod Minis. I got the Blue version, Mini Dock and... erm... iPod Socks. ;) Was delivered to me today - earlier than expected as well, it should have been after March 10th according to the order form. Much smaller than I expected, easy to use, very good sound quality etc. and the Dock and Socks are also worth the (quite high) price.
Andrew Muir

I have just bought a NEW 3G 20gb iPod (mainly because it comes with all the extras) with the cool red lit buttons. I'm new to the iPod game so Im unsure how it charges. I plugged it in to the wall and started charging it as soon as I got it. I Waited about 3 1/2 Hours and it said 'charged' on the screen.

Great! I thought, all charged up and ready to go. Just to check it I unplugged it, waited a few seconds and re-plugged it in, expecting it to still say 'charged' like most phones do when they reach charge. However it does not do this, rather start the process all over again.

Is this right? Surely not?
Any ideas.................
DJGM

From what I've read, the battery in the iPod is 80% charged after about 4 hours of charging. After this,
if the charger unit is left plugged into the iPod and the mains power, it'll go into what is referred to as
"trickle charge" until the battery is full. I'm told that giving your iPod's battery a full 24 hour charge
up, once every few weeks can help, depending on how much you actually use your iPod.
Fireboy

Back from the dead... I'll just bump this up to highlight the NEW iPod.

It's called the iPod Nano and is thinner than the average pencil (!). Replaces iPod mini.

ImageImage..........Image

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodnano/

Now I know everyone knows that I'm a big fan of Apple technology, but this is surely the sexiest product to come out of Cupertino in a long time (if ever). I particularly like the black model. It's also apparently compatible with existing dock connector products (it comes with an adaptor!). Of course, I will be purchasing one as soon as payday can come (looks like Sept 25th). ;)
Johnny

Well at least that one has a screen, The i-pod shuffle should really have come with some sort of display at least
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Fireboy

Johnny wrote:Well at least that one has a screen, The i-pod shuffle should really have come with some sort of display at least
I'm surprised this one wasn't the direct replacement for the Shuffle, rather than the Mini. However apparently there are many unsold Shuffles, and replacing them would make a big loss for Apple. Can't see Shuffle surviving for much longer though...