Super Size Me

Big Brother

There are a lot of differences between US & UK McD's, the suppliers aren't the same and I don't think even the basic products are made by the same oversea's supplier.

McDonalds is suffering quietly over this film and more health concious diet's. A few years ago you could bet money that McD's around the country would be packed out every lunch and dinner period. Now it's hit or miss. Sales - although they claim are up, are down during key business periods. A Saturday lunchtime can remain completely quiet one weekend and packed out the next.

In other news McDonalds are bringing more health concious options. The current Bagel will be enhanced with the introduction of bacon, salmon, egg and cheese all set to be added in some form in February (or thereabouts).

A new "thing" is being introduced which basically looks like Burger Kings baguette. It will contain a BBQ sauce, lettuce, grilled chicken & mayonaise - If I remember correctly.

A new chicken burger about the size of a hamburger is to appear with ketchup or BBQ sauce and lettuce - I could be mixing this up with the last but they're both coming.

They are also launching one, if not more, new salads from either Potatoe, Pasta or another I can't remember.

Creame Egg McFlurries are sadly coming back which is a shame cause they make so much mess.

Around 20million homes are again to receive Free Vouchers this time for the enhanced breakfast options. This is due around February.[/list]
nwtv2003

Not those vouchers again! We got a whole book explaining how healthy McDonalds can be and then aload of coupons.

It's interesting the differences between the US and UK McDonalds, this shown in the film, showing how different their Medium, Large and Super Size cups were, our Super Size was big, but theirs was nearly twice as big.

Even around the US it varies at McDonalds, in the film Morgan goes to a McDonalds in Texas and they had their own special Texan burger or something.

As Creme Egg McFlurry's are back for the millionth year on the run, does anyone know when the Cadbury's Dream and Strawberry one is coming back? (Though Summer would be my guess as it's only available in June) That one was nice..
Si-Co

I had one of those new hot pepperoni, ham and cheese sandwiches yesterday. Very tasty, but probably not very good for me! It's nice to see there is more variety these days, not just Big Macs and fries, however I still associate Macca's with my 'fast food fix'; if I wanted a healthy option, I'd be inclined to buy elsewhere.
Everyone hears what you say,
Friends listen to what you say,
Best friends listen to what you don't say.
Brad

Can't see these in my local. It may be the "Tyne Tees" area only, which despite living in York is the region I recieve clearer.
"That one!"
James Martin

The fries are definitely less salty.

I went off of McDonald's for ages but recently I'm having one for lunch on a daily basis - largely because it's cheap.

I went through a Burger King phase but it's more expensive, we students must watch those pennies!
tvmercia

James Martin wrote:The fries are definitely less salty.

I went off of McDonald's for ages but recently I'm having one for lunch on a daily basis - largely because it's cheap.

I went through a Burger King phase but it's more expensive, we students must watch those pennies!
... we students get a discount at BK with an NUS card.
James Martin

And at McDonald's we get free McFlurry.
Jamez
Banned

I had a McChicken Sandwich, Fries and a free NUS cheeseburger and a coke last night. Very yummy! The sperm in the burger, along with the phlegm in the coke made it even more enjoyable!
User Removed
johnnyboy

Jamez wrote:I had a McChicken Sandwich, Fries and a free NUS cheeseburger and a coke last night. Very yummy! The sperm in the burger, along with the phlegm in the coke made it even more enjoyable!
Mmm...gives it just that little extra consistency, doncha think? ;)
Jamez
Banned

Definately!

Sperm only has 3 calories so it's a win win situation! :lol:
User Removed
Brad

To this day there persists the rumour that Johnny "John Lydon" Rotten once gave Sid Vicious a sandwich with a little added creamy sauce in it so to speak... :shock:
"That one!"