Presentation Other Than TV

jay

2 ASDA's near me both have McDonald's in them, however my local store still doesn't, and we must be the only place in Britain that doesn't have a McDonalds in the town!
Twitter: @jasonbetts
Brad

I remember when Woolworths in Haywards Heath had 'F W Woolworth & Sons' on the front of it! And I'm only 27. ;)
"That one!"
Andrew Wood

Tesco stores from the past (top left c. 1950s)

Courtesy tescopix.com
Brad

Interesting. Though I can only seem to get that site to display modern images. Does TESCO actually stand for anything? "TES Company" or something? Terence Edward Smith Company? ;)

I know ASDA is short for 'Associated Dairies'
"That one!"
jay

Wow, that website is wicked!!
Search for 'Long Eaton Extra' - that's where I work!!

Opened in November so it's spanking new. Maybe i'm over enthusiastic! lol
jay

The TES are the Initials of the man who started it all T.E.Stockwell. The 'Co' bit comes from his partner in the business, somebody Cohen.
Johnny

Tesco's Hackney Present Day
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
jay

Maybe we should try and come up with some new logos for supermarkets?
Let's see what you'd like Morrisons to look like!
Johnny

jay wrote:Maybe we should try and come up with some new logos for supermarkets?
Let's see what you'd like Morrisons to look like!
That's better better than morrisons current one.

Everyone seems to have updated theirs since the turn of the century (the 21st century of course) except Morrisons which is 19th century ;)
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Johnny

Andrew Wood wrote:Tesco stores from the past (top left c. 1950s)

Courtesy tescopix.com
They Look like the corner shop that Shaun visits in Shaun of the Dead if anyone has seen the size of the on in Gallions Reach (London E6) you'll see how big now they can really get!
Johnny

Brad

RE: Superdrug...
Brad wrote:1. The original thick italic logo, still found on their bottles of UHT milk. ;) Uniform: White shirt and grey tie.
2. The capitalised Century Gothic bold look, that lasted about a year. The only branch exterior I recall being rebranded in this way was the one in Exeter. Uniform: Lemon yellow shirt that got grubby fast.
3. The 'starfish' logo. Small lowercase typeface and 'starfish' above the 'drug' bit. Shame the 'starfish' was referred to in the company as the 'cat's arsehole' as it resembled one. Uniform: Jade or pink polo tops and jumpers. Pot luck as to which colour you were assigned. Thankfully, I got a jade one. Dropped for Christmas 1998 in favour of these lurid blue jumpers with glitter angel wings on the back embazoned with the words "I'm an angel" And yes, I had to wear one!!!
4. Updated version of the above, on a black background, the 'starfish' now replaced by a star. Uniform: Black tops. Never wore one as I left the company before they were introduced. Black shirts?! Whose marketing idea was that? Mosley's great grandson?!
"That one!"