2005 - onwards and upwards, and other motivational bollocks

johnnyboy

Well, 2004 is behind us now and 2005 has just dawned.

2004 was a rough old year for me. Nowhere near as much success with the business or with women than in 2003 (which was my golden year of years) - my attitude stank for the year. I had long dreamed of having my own place and a driving license - I got them both, but just found more reasons why I wasn't as good or advanced as I should be.

In 2003, I viewed the world with a reasonably-charming naivety, chancing my arm at anything I could get because I could. Then the demon of self-analysis kicked in, I made excuses for why I was happier and successful then, and let the conclusions stop me from doing the stuff I wanted to do.

The lesson 2004 taught me was to not make excuses for failing to do things because I wasn't 'where I wanted to be with my life'. Some genuinely bad things happened last year, like my brother and Jan moving away, but that's no excuse for not keeping on pushing forwards.

I am going to approach 2005 with the same naive optimism I had in 2003, and turn into the man I can be again. Unfortunately, the business is now £26,000 in debt because of last year, and I want to get that down to £5,000 by 2005-end and show a healthy profit for the year. Plus, the women of the region had better watch out. ;)

If you can learn any lessons from last year, what would they be?
Big Brother

2004 was potentially the worst year I have ever had in my 19 years of life. Left my job at the end of 2003 for an escape and got a Temp job finding myself unemployed some months later and sliding into debt.

Mid 2004 I returned to the job I left in the first place. Now my finances and I are back on track I've got my big plans for this year. Just recently my wages increased to more than they were before by a whopping 25p, giving me a 35p increase on what I was getting an hour. Mental.

Firstly is the eating thing. I have the most irate diet of food. All healthy stuff from now on... well soon enough. 2004 I ate like a horse with what I could afford.

I title this next bit 'self-improvement'. I'm a right skinny thing so the gym and work out are on the cards. Although the next will not help at all.

I'm learning to drive - and as quickly as possible. I have a target date for when I'd like to be passed and have a car. I'll see how it goes.

Book a Holiday. I have not been on a holiday in years. I've had time off but never gone away during it. Time to fly off to some fancy destination. I'd love to spend XMas in New York. I love to pick expensive things!

My love life in 2004 was to say the least a shambles and I've made mistakes and learnt from them. They've all gone and I don't speak to them. I've got tact, wit and sense this year no guys will interfear as I'd rather get my life on track before getting into love with someone. They're a distraction anyway.

2005 is all about progression. 2004 was too much sitting back and waiting for something to happen. This year I do it. More recently my eyes have been opened to donating money to charity and I aim to donate a lot more.

Forward. No reverse... just in my car dears.
ashley b

I have to say 2004 was a rather wierd year for me, little advancements in some areas but huge advances in some. A pitty really that my employment status didn't really gain as much momentum as I was hopeing. But 3 payrises ain't bad, still a pathetic wage though.

And in the area I made huge advancements I did get 2005 off ot a flying start with, but enough of that. And finally moving out of home is my big thing for this year, finally regaining my freedom once more. Of course theres always hope for an improvement in the confidence area of things. Like a big mental block that I just must overcome. Maybe a brick will help.

Oh and jonnyboy, nice to see a return of a CLASSIC vintage sig image!
cwathen

2004 for me was the year when problems which had been mounting since September 2001 finally came to a head, leading into my slipping into clinical depression earlier on in the year.

As I go into 2005, I'm in a better position in many areas than I have been for some time, and hopefully it will prove to be a turning point for me.

So yep, 'onwards and upwards' is hopefully exactly how it will go this year.
Jamez
Banned

2003: Was the year I found myself. I left home, found a girlfriend and was happy!

Then came 2004:

Found another girlfriend after I split up on good terms with my ex in Nov 2003.

My new girlfriend was a fairly strange bitch. Then in May the worst month in 2004, I was in a serious road accident, my girlfriend dumped me, she then sued me for £3,000 following the crash, the other party in the crash also sued me for £3,000, and between the summer and Novemeber I just drifted around aimlessly not going to my lectures in Uni, sleeping with random and often disgustingly ugly girls and getting the brush-off from any decent girls I went for.

2005:

We shall see, but I'm damned if it's going to be a repeat of 2004!
User Removed
johnnyboy

ashley b wrote:And in the area I made huge advancements I did get 2005 off ot a flying start with, but enough of that. And finally moving out of home is my big thing for this year, finally regaining my freedom once more. Of course theres always hope for an improvement in the confidence area of things. Like a big mental block that I just must overcome. Maybe a brick will help.
Introspection is a bitch - it is a major part of what ruined 2004 for me. Instead of just getting on with things, I examined why I should get on with things, and what I needed to improve to do so.

F**k that, I am going to be one laid-often-and-cashpoint-mofo king this year. And I don't need any reasons to do it.
ashley b wrote:Oh and jonnyboy, nice to see a return of a CLASSIC vintage sig image!
Cheers, ashley. I was looking through some old files on my PC and found this, together with the Axis of Banality, Let's Get L**ton Laid, and David H Look North Posse sigs of old!
johnnyboy

cwathen wrote:2004 for me was the year when problems which had been mounting since September 2001 finally came to a head, leading into my slipping into clinical depression earlier on in the year.
A lot of close people to me have fallen under this curse, Chris, and got their ways out of it, and I wish the same for you.
bartstope

How ironic; 2004 was a horrible year personally for me too yet 2003 was fairly good. It seems everyone else felt the same! Perhaps Metropol's new look last August should have been a brooding shade of black to fit in with the general feeling :) . Wonder why 2004 was such a bad year for everyone on here ? Was the depressive feeling contagious on these boards ? Did ANYONE actually have a good year :?
Three cheers for Rupert and Hubert!
ashley b

johnnyboy wrote:
ashley b wrote:And in the area I made huge advancements I did get 2005 off ot a flying start with, but enough of that. And finally moving out of home is my big thing for this year, finally regaining my freedom once more. Of course theres always hope for an improvement in the confidence area of things. Like a big mental block that I just must overcome. Maybe a brick will help.
Introspection is a bitch - it is a major part of what ruined 2004 for me. Instead of just getting on with things, I examined why I should get on with things, and what I needed to improve to do so.

F**k that, I am going to be one laid-often-and-cashpoint-mofo king this year. And I don't need any reasons to do it.
Indeed, that is something I'm greatly guilty of. I over analise myself, then point out my faults to everyone so that they can't bring them up, then get thourally (can't spell) depressed about them. But it's just not that easy to change certain habits. It stops me doing things because I always concious that other people will notice me and my faults. I am getting better on this front of course. Slowly.
James Hatts

ashley b wrote:I over analise myself
:lol: :?
ashley b

Obviosly i don't do it to my posts too well. :)