Looking for a large mobile phone?

Johnny

Here's two mobile phones that show how much nokia have moved on

Nokia Talkman 520

Nokia 101

Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
dvboy

Johnny wrote:But this new one is very confusing. Why not have 020 3 & 7 for inner london & 020 4 & 8 for outer london.
It's incorrect to refer to (020) 7 as Inner London and (020) 8 as Outer London because there is already a great deal of crossover.

Is that Nokia 101 picture to scale? It doesn't look all that bad really - if it were silver instead of charcoal it could be a modern phone.
Johnny

dvboy wrote:
Johnny wrote:But this new one is very confusing. Why not have 020 3 & 7 for inner london & 020 4 & 8 for outer london.
It's incorrect to refer to (020) 7 as Inner London and (020) 8 as Outer London because there is already a great deal of crossover.

Is that Nokia 101 picture to scale? It doesn't look all that bad really - if it were silver instead of charcoal it could be a modern phone.
No it's a really old phone form the early 90's

also the 7200 wasn't the first Nokia flip mobile made(although may be in the UK) the first was the Nokia 282, although it was released in USA & Canada only by the looks of it see below:

Very symetrical!

I'm not sure if this was before the Star Tac however
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Inspector Sands

Johnny wrote: But this new one is very confusing. Why not have 020 3 & 7 for inner london & 020 4 & 8 for outer london.
It's not confusing at all - someone gives you their phone number and you tap it into your phone. It doesn't matter whether the first digit is a 8,7,3 or whatever, it's still the same process!

Incidently just to confuse the issue there are such things as 020 0xxx xxxx numbers. They aren't designed for public use (mainly as redirects from non geographic numbers), but because the local number starts with a 0 the whole thing including the 020 must be dialled
dvboy

There are 020 1 numbers too. These kind of numbers are used by phone companies and OfCom (and is how I can tell if a call I take is from OfCom monitoring 118 services).
NickyS

Johnny wrote: Nokia 101

God that brings back memories - that the 101 was my first personal mobile. Although I remember the mega big 'brick' phones from my time in local radio back in the late 80s.
James Hatts

The Evening Standard is at it AGAIN :roll:

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/london ... s/18750999

Londoners to get new dialling code
By Paul Sims, Evening Standard
20 May 2005
London is to get its fourth telephone number shake-up in 14 years.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nick Harvey
God

Silly fools; I'll give them a ring.

James Hatts

Sadly both BBC London News and London Tonight have continued to spread misinformation on this supposed 'code change'.
Johnny

Yes saw it on BBC London News

020 is still the london code its just that there is an extra start code for the numbers 7,8 & now 3
Johnny