Toys we use to play when we were a kid

russnet

Here are a couple of toys I use to play when I was a toddler growing up to a big kid...

The Big Yellow Teapot! Now this was great, you could open it up and inside would be a little house with the little teapot family. There use to be a little door at the bottom side of the teapot for mr teapots car to go into.

The Tomytronic! There was 3 of these. The white one was a racing game. As the picture shows, you would hold the toy to your eyes. The graphics were pants but it was one of those that you could play again and again.

So that was two of the games I played, how about you, what games/toys did you play when you were a kid?
Square Eyes

I don't mean to cause offence, but your pic is causing me distress.

What have you done to yourself it looks like that poor guy, Simon Weston whose face was badly burnt in the Falklands War.

I apologise if it is a facial deformity.

Anyway..... kids toys
DAS

russnet wrote:Here are a couple of toys I use to play when I was a toddler growing up to a big kid...

The Big Yellow Teapot! Now this was great, you could open it up and inside would be a little house with the little teapot family. There use to be a little door at the bottom side of the teapot for mr teapots car to go into.
God yes, I remember this! I loved that little garage like my brother.
russnet

Square Eyes wrote:I don't mean to cause offence, but your pic is causing me distress.

What have you done to yourself it looks like that poor guy, Simon Weston whose face was badly burnt in the Falklands War.

I apologise if it is a facial deformity.

Anyway..... kids toys
What do you mean. I look normal in this picture! Oh, you mean the other one. Well as mentioned in a previous posting, I thought I would give it the new Metropol red look. The original picture was just as bad, the emboss effect made it even worse. But as you say, kids toys...
dvboy

Cars and trains, mostly, me.
digiperson

I had one of those teapots!

Oh the memories....! :lol:

digiperson
russnet

Well there's a couple of teapots going on Ebay at the moment. Both of them going for a tenner but one of them starting off as a tenner. Wishful thinking eh.
Still

Plus something I couldn't find a picture of - made by Tomy, it was a little arcade thingy the shape of the bonnet of a porsche 911. Just above the steering wheel was a little green window which showed you the upcoming road and some threatening fur trees. Impossible to crash, I can't imagine how it can have been any fun at all.
russnet

Still wrote:Plus something I couldn't find a picture of - made by Tomy, it was a little arcade thingy the shape of the bonnet of a porsche 911. Just above the steering wheel was a little green window which showed you the upcoming road and some threatening fur trees. Impossible to crash, I can't imagine how it can have been any fun at all.
Do you mean one of these babies?...

malcyb

I got into SM at an early age....
Whips and Tops me !!!!!!!!

(here's hoping someone else was born before the mid fifties!)
noelfirl

russnet wrote:
Do you mean one of these babies?...

I think one of those might still be somewhere in my attic. Ah, memories.