Roxio 'DVD Builder'

Brad

This is crap. I'm trying to make a DVD out of two files. I have something called Pinnacle Studio also installed which seems much better but it won't accept the file format from the two files I want (.mpg) It will only take .mpeg which I thought was the same thing.
Roxio gives me no choice over the positioning of the text on the menu and I'd like to be able to add chapter points somehow, without cutting my original files up (each file is about 35 minutes long)
Can I convert my files to work in Pinnacle Studio, or use some other (free and quick to download on dial-up) software?
The results I got from Roxio were OK-ish, the disc does work, but has only two chapters and isn't in my eyes satisfactory. :cry:
Help!
"That one!"
Asa

Just to add to that help request, anyone know of any software that will create a DVD menu/title screen from scratch and build the files ready for burning by your DVD burning software?

I don't have a DVDRW at the mo but I've downloaded a couple of trial programs and had varying results when creating a 'miniDVD' on a CDRW with menus etc..

It's a shame the MPEG files can't be kept separate on a DVD and then all you'd need to do is update the menu file each time you add a new file rather than continually rebuilding the whole lot.

Cheers, Asa