Waters for life?

stu

Barrett wrote:
rts wrote:You don't read the Daily Mail by any chance, do you?
No! Its the truth they tested it on Rats and they developed brain tumor.!
Rats are not humans and probably develop all sorts of manky things if you feed them human foods.
Anonymous

stu wrote:
Barrett wrote:
rts wrote:You don't read the Daily Mail by any chance, do you?
No! Its the truth they tested it on Rats and they developed brain tumor.!
Rats are not humans and probably develop all sorts of manky things if you feed them human foods.
And it all so happend to a person in america and he sadly died. :(
rts

I'm sure the majority of people who die from brain tumours have had a fizzy drink in their time, along with the countless people who have not developed a brain tumour. I would very much like to see the full findings behind this 'link'.
Anonymous

Heres the proof
Gosuke sent me this interesting link. It is about the dangers of Aspartame. Nutrasweet in the US and "Pal Sweet Diet" in Japan are Aspartame. Aspartame is an active ingredient in Diet Coke which I drink A LOT of. I am going to definitely take dive into the links on this page. If what this page says is true, I probably should stop drinking Diet Coke today...

I have attached some of the highlights from the page below, but I would go to their page which has a lot of links if you currently drink a lot of diet soda products.

Here are some highlights from the page:

Aspartame is poison!
Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.
BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.
The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!
Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.

rts

Although I have not read it, I'm happy to say the 'proof' I want will need to be more than a couple of paragraphs.
Pete

rts wrote:Although I have not read it, I'm happy to say the 'proof' I want will need to be more than a couple of paragraphs.
of course you don't need proof, you just need media reports that proof exists.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Anonymous

Hymagumba wrote:
rts wrote:Although I have not read it, I'm happy to say the 'proof' I want will need to be more than a couple of paragraphs.
of course you don't need proof, you just need media reports that proof exists.
And sweetners contain ASPARTAME such as Equal,Sweet n Low etc
Symtons are :Symptoms: Migraines, Memory Loss, Seizures, Obesity, Pain, Infertility.
Brad

I too have been drinking a hell of a lot fizzy mineral water lately. I have a glass by my side now. Plain only, none of these fancy flavours! I love the bubble hit you get when you take the first sip. I used to drink about ten cups of tea a day but I've just gone off it. I only have a cup when I wake up now and that's more of less it. Even buy mineral water in cafes now and I never used to do that.

Incidently, dunno if it's been mentioned, but isn't Lucozade banned in Finland due to it's colouring 'Sunset Yellow'?
"That one!"
Pete

does Sunnny Delight still turn you orange or did they change it?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Brad

No, Tango just took the idea as an advertising campaign. ;)
"That one!"