Should I Get a Mac?

DJGM

Ok, here's default desktop wallpapers from Mac OS X v10.3 Panther, v10.2 Jaguar, and v10.1 Puma.

Just click on any image, to download the full-size wallpaper. Oh, and to ensure that I don't end up
with Apple's lawyers breathing down me neck with a "cease and desist order" these wallapaers
will only be available for a strictly limited time only, so hurry, while stocks last . . . !

Aqua Blue from Mac OS X v10.3 Panther (622KB) . . .

Aqua Blue from Mac OS X v10.2 Jaguar (258KB) . . .

Aqua Blue from Mac OS X v10.1 Puma (290KB) . . .

Stuart

James Hatts wrote:
James Hatts wrote:Not true at all - the Mac OS has excellent file compatibility with the Windows world.
Ah right. Things have changed for the better then. :)
Not at all ... compatibility and ease of file exchange has always been a strong point.

Right from the early days Macs were able to read and format MS-DOS floppy disks
Sorry - WRONG

Until recently (2 or 3 years ago), the Mac had a completely different file system to any other OS. This involved splitting a file into 2 "streams" rather than the sequential file that most OS's used.

I can't remember the details, but that was a problem.

Stuart
James Hatts

StuartV wrote:Until recently (2 or 3 years ago), the Mac had a completely different file system to any other OS. This involved splitting a file into 2 "streams" rather than the sequential file that most OS's used.
It's true that Mac files used to consist of a resource fork and a data fork.

However, for most cross-platform file exchange purposes this was irrelevant. I stand by my comments above.

And my point about Macs having being able to read and format MS-DOS disks since the early days remains perfectly valid.