MSN Messenger -sending problems

cdd

Hi everyone

Basically, I can always receive text from others on MSN Messenger, but they sometimes can't receive text from me (as you can see from above photo). Fault is intermittent: sometimes it works once every other time, sometimes it works in long periods and doesn't work in long periods, but it's becoming a constant problem over the month now and wondered if there were any quick & fast solutions :)

I cannot talk to anyone else during the "fault period" (a reconnect to MSN [[SOMETIMES]] helps, not always), yet I can browse the internet fine and receive data from my contacts fine.

It happens on multiple ISPs and people on the same LAN ((local area) network) can send messages at the same time as I can't.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

-Chris
Neil Jones

Try temporarily turning off the Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP for your connection icon.

This also applies to anybody else trying to send somebody something through MSN Messenger and finding it fails miserably. It's usually the cause.
Chris

Neil Jones wrote:Try temporarily turning off the Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP for your connection icon.

This also applies to anybody else trying to send somebody something through MSN Messenger and finding it fails miserably. It's usually the cause.
But remember that by doing that you are leaving your machine exposed to the internet :shock:
Neil Jones

Chris wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:Try temporarily turning off the Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP for your connection icon.

But remember that by doing that you are leaving your machine exposed to the internet :shock:
Which is why I said "temporarily", firstly to get whatever you're sending through Messenger to go through and to diagnose the original poster's problem.
cdd

Neil Jones wrote:
Chris wrote:

Which is why I said "temporarily", firstly to get whatever you're sending through Messenger to go through and to diagnose the original poster's problem.
Hmm, my firewall is disabled, but it still doesn't work. Also, the problem is intermittent.
Anonymous

cdd wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:
Chris wrote: But remember that by doing that you are leaving your machine exposed to the internet :shock:
Hmm, my firewall is disabled, but it still doesn't work. Also, the problem is intermittent.
This may sound weird but, I had that problem and I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it and its working fine now. :)
Oh and how did you get your convatsation on Metropol.