Loud music in the street

Chris

Katherine wrote:
Chris wrote:I've had these birds twittering outside my bleedin' window all day every day from about 5 in the morning to 9 at night since the clocks went forward 1 hour.
I hate the bloody birds twittering early in the morning too, but since I discovered this lifechanger called ear plugs, I sleep right through the dawn chorus and the birds are no longer a problem!
Ear plugs but they really aren't comfortable at all in bed, especially when it takes quite a bit of tossing and turning before I start to snooze.

And even with double glazing (which I have) and the window shut you can still hear them!!! :evil:
Katherine

Chris wrote: Ear plugs but they really aren't comfortable at all in bed, especially when it takes quite a bit of tossing and turning before I start to snooze.
The spongy ones don't cause much discomfort; only perhaps a small amount when putting them in the ear canal.......
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!
Ed Hammond

I tried ear plugs a while back, when a bloke in my block decided that he wanted to watch Terminator 3 on DVD every Monday night a few months back. It cut out the noise but was incredibly uncomfortable, and I pulled them out in the morning to find them covered in horrible icky wax.

Luckily the sounds haven't been too bad recently, apart from (obviously) sirens and whatnot, but then that's to be expected! I'm pretty surprised that it isn't noisier here, actually - in fact, wherever I've lived I've been rather lucky in that respect, even in big blocks of flats and terrace conversions with paper-thin walls.
Boughton

Unfortunately it's a bit risky wearing earplugs if you need to hear your alarm in the morning so you can get up in time for work.
rob

When I leave college in the afternoon, there's this wierd looking bloke walking down the street with a boombox in his hand and he's singing along to it. How strange is that?
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am