Intranet CGI/Perl Setup

Anonymous

Hi. I'm hoping somebody can help.

I've got a home network which has 4 PC's connected to it, for ease of use they are called One, Two, Three and Four. Now I'm trying to setup an local intranet on the network which has the capability of displaying News and random content on the main page (I believe you would need SSI on the web for this to work) - I am going to use the Simplex Database system from Aborior to do this (because of it's easy setup and customisation), but does anybody know how to install and setup CGI/Perl/SSI to run on a local network? Once I know how to set this up, and all the paths etc. I will be able to start work on customising Simplex. I have already setup a 5GB hard drive on my main PC to hold all the files/web pages/intranet (which can be accessed from all my other PC's) - this is drive letter W:. My main PC is running Windows XP Home and my other PC's are running Windows 98SE...

All help gratefully received.
Pete

Well if you are wanting general help on setting up an internal web server this is a very helpful document
http://www.4webhelp.net/tutorials/cgi/local.php

It may look a bit creepy but it talks you through everything very well.

If you want to set up PHP though there is an error on that page
Goto your php directory, and rename the php.ini-dist to php.ini and move it to your conf directory in the Apache folder. You don't need to change it, as in PHP 4+ mySQL support is built in.
you want to put php.ini into C:\Windows or C:\WINNT
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Neil Jones

Hymagumba wrote:If you want to set up PHP though there is an error on that page
Goto your php directory, and rename the php.ini-dist to php.ini and move it to your conf directory in the Apache folder. You don't need to change it, as in PHP 4+ mySQL support is built in.
Which is where, if you use the installer on Windows, it should go by default. Otherwise just copy it there.
Anonymous

Hymagumba wrote:Well if you are wanting general help on setting up an internal web server this is a very helpful document
http://www.4webhelp.net/tutorials/cgi/local.php

It may look a bit creepy but it talks you through everything very well.

If you want to set up PHP though there is an error on that page
Thanks, that is a really helpful site!