The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

Pete

Zimba wrote: Tue 19 Mar, 2024 10.09I know there's one up here to cover the McDonalds at Silverlink which is, and always has been, one of the busiest in the country. Believe there's a second one at Byker aswell to cover the Newcastle area even known you can still weirdly order from Byker DT aswell.
oh so does silverlink no longer have delivery drivers at it because it was an absolute nightmare last time i went? You really felt you were inconveniencing the drivers by daring to use at is a restaurant.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Subway is the one that has been most mullered by adding delivery in, in my experience. It used to be you could walk up and just expect it to take 2 mins + 1 min for each customer ahead of you. Now you can see an empty counter but still have a 10 min wait while they put several delivery orders together.

McDonalds new format restaurants pre-date delivery. ISTR the initial outcome of the investment were those 'signature' thicker burgers, which I liked but didn't seem to do so well. I've always found their restaurants to be very unpredictable in terms of wait times, they seem to worsen. the fewer customers they have to server.
Zimba

Pete wrote: Wed 20 Mar, 2024 09.20 oh so does silverlink no longer have delivery drivers at it because it was an absolute nightmare last time i went? You really felt you were inconveniencing the drivers by daring to use at is a restaurant.
Honestly, not too sure but I know you can't order online from the place at all. It's only 'Silverlink 2' now on UberEats etc. Believe they opened it when they had a massive refurb a year or so and just kept it.
Pete

Zimba wrote: Wed 20 Mar, 2024 12.35
Pete wrote: Wed 20 Mar, 2024 09.20 oh so does silverlink no longer have delivery drivers at it because it was an absolute nightmare last time i went? You really felt you were inconveniencing the drivers by daring to use at is a restaurant.
Honestly, not too sure but I know you can't order online from the place at all. It's only 'Silverlink 2' now on UberEats etc. Believe they opened it when they had a massive refurb a year or so and just kept it.
The postcode for Silverlink 2 on the justeat website is a bit of land near the recycling centre in Howdon. Wonder if its over there.
"He has to be larger than bacon"