Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

presnot

I think they are trying to be funny as my account has been marked as “departing shortly”. I don’t really find it funny….. but at least they followed my request hopefully.
Neo HH

presnot wrote: Tue 13 Feb, 2024 12.14 I think they are trying to be funny as my account has been marked as “departing shortly”. I don’t really find it funny….. but at least they followed my request hopefully.
Its a shame you feel you have to leave but its understandable.
Henry26

presnot wrote: Tue 13 Feb, 2024 12.14 I think they are trying to be funny as my account has been marked as “departing shortly”. I don’t really find it funny….. but at least they followed my request hopefully.
I'm kinda new here, but still I don't feel like they should do that... what a shame
Neo HH

Henry26 wrote: Sat 17 Feb, 2024 20.14
I'm kinda new here, but still I don't feel like they should do that... what a shame
It is a shame. I was Ne1l C on TV Forum and would wax lyrical about some of the cr*p I saw on there but Asa did give us a bit of leeway. The mods on PC are soul-less knuckle-heads.
rob

Neo HH wrote: Mon 19 Feb, 2024 19.38The mods on PC are soul-less knuckle-heads.
No they are not. Pres Cafe was NEVER going to be the same as TVF and TVLF. They were always going to do things their own way, and not emulate what Asa and I did. I still can't believe people are complaining about how they're doing things almost 2 years in.

If you don't like what they're doing, then simply move on.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
presnot

I believe that’s what happened Rob. And I advise others to move on.
Charlie Wells

Dare I say it but I'm inclined to complement the mods/admin for allowing the recent Radio 1 and The Nine discussion to flow without any obvious interruption. Whilst I'm sure they've been reading and monitoring those threads any actions (e.g. moving thread into different forum) has been 'light touch', and has resulted in good healthy discussion. With the latter it probably helps that I think most people know if they start veering off too much into 'Indy ref' debate their comments would likely get removed.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Jonwo

I like that the mods are very firm on no political discussion. I think if other websites had that approach, the internet would be a happier place.
presnot

Jonwo wrote: Fri 23 Feb, 2024 00.33 I like that the mods are very firm on no political discussion. I think if other websites had that approach, the internet would be a happier place.
I’m afraid they were also blocking non political posts. Just general opinions about a show or channel. Maybe they thought it was a useless comment or some such thing, but that means the debate is not free debate. Their website, their rules, but that’s not really a good thing.
NiKepp

Ending your relationship with an online internet forum is sometimes one of the hardest things to do in life, but it's also sometimes needed. So we're very proud of you Presnot for taking these brave steps of moving on, and remember we're all here to support you and anyone else who needs it every step of the way if ever you feel yourself slipping back in to any temptation.

It reminds me a bit of a breakup I had with my ex. He was a total git, controlling and stifling me all the time, always smelly and never washing, leaving dirty clothes all over the flat and drinking heavily. It took a little while, but 3 years later with the help of all my supportive friends I've completely moved on from him and never waste time on him any more and am just much happier in life. Now the only time I even think of him is when I check his Facebook page or stop the car at the lights outside his new house, and every time I know I made the right choice moving on. He no longer controls my life or what I do which is much healthier, so much so I'm considering writing a book of poems just to show how much I've moved on from him. A slight digression there for which I apologise, but I just wanted to show that we can all move on from those dark times in our lives for the better!
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
WillPS

NiKepp wrote: Sat 24 Feb, 2024 08.41 Ending your relationship with an online internet forum is sometimes one of the hardest things to do in life, but it's also sometimes needed. So we're very proud of you Presnot for taking these brave steps of moving on, and remember we're all here to support you and anyone else who needs it every step of the way if ever you feel yourself slipping back in to any temptation.

It reminds me a bit of a breakup I had with my ex. He was a total git, controlling and stifling me all the time, always smelly and never washing, leaving dirty clothes all over the flat and drinking heavily. It took a little while, but 3 years later with the help of all my supportive friends I've completely moved on from him and never waste time on him any more and am just much happier in life. Now the only time I even think of him is when I check his Facebook page or stop the car at the lights outside his new house, and every time I know I made the right choice moving on. He no longer controls my life or what I do which is much healthier, so much so I'm considering writing a book of poems just to show how much I've moved on from him. A slight digression there for which I apologise, but I just wanted to show that we can all move on from those dark times in our lives for the better!
Jesus christ man. You're in way too deep.