Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

Mouseboy once again getting very snappy at British members who dare to make any comparisons with America.
TVF's London Lite.
T0M

Being told by another member that ITV casting Nigel Firage in I’m A Celebrity definitely isn’t an instance of stunt casting. Honest.
🍊
harshy

dosxuk wrote: Fri 30 Jun, 2023 11.44 I think somebody needs to take a time out from watching BBC News. See if you can guess the poster (these are all from one person in the space of a week)...
if it was coming from NBH you’d be concerned based on their recent efforts.
Backwards along with all things related to the bbc news merged channel this year - rubbish.
it’s all opaque now including the ticker and flipper, it’s look pants but that’s in tone with everything released this year from NBH.
this is ridiculous now everyone is going to think bbc news is in permanent breaking news mode, who’s coming up with these wacky ideas, it makes no sense whatsoever
NBH are letting them down big time, I saw that new red breaking news graphic it’s far too bright red now.
there’s no programme name mentioned at all, it’s just terrible this bbc news channel it truly sucks.
classy and bbc news coming out of NBH dosent work together
Ffs the programme strap the context is on a light red strap on top of the darker red strap you couldn’t make it up, they are having a laugh clearly.
That bright red is really bad they are taking the Mickey.
the bottom bbc news logo is misaligned a few pixels to the right, this reminds me of bbc news 24 back in 2001 when they experimented with a bright red strap only now of course it affects world and Uk viewers.
World News America with the dreadful red lower thirds
I just can’t believe what the bbc have done to their once great bbc news channels.
these opaque graphics are here to stay now for world viewers
I’ve got decent eyesight and it hurts my eyes it’s too strong
Awful colour scheme, it’s ridiculous, viewers will just turn over to other news outlets.
The Salford graphics system hasn’t been updated thankfully with the horrible updates from NBH
And not forgetting my absolute favourite...
I have a few theories, first one it’s based on the wipe effect making it red and opaque, second theory maybe someone tested it on mobile and didn’t think it was obvious enough, so they made it opaque as possible? and last theory is their digital app approach isn’t working, so they would what would damage peoples tv screens, yeah let’s make it as red And opaque as possible, forcing people onto the app, therefore achieving their goals and then having a valid case for closing the channel for good.
Sure - the BBC are trying to damage TV screens so they can make people switch to the app...
Yeah it’s me I think I got use to the graphics now I think I said that as well in retrospect :-(
Andrew

Every time I go into the BBC News thread they are taking about “the 5 missing presenters”
Blewatter

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 12 Nov, 2023 02.08 Mouseboy once again getting very snappy at British members who dare to make any comparisons with America.
America Sux. Enough said.
all new Phil

Andrew wrote: Sun 19 Nov, 2023 14.44 Every time I go into the BBC News thread they are taking about “the 5 missing presenters”
I enjoyed the suggestion they should just accept the new terms so things are resolved. Come on ladies, know your place and stop being stubborn, you’re messing up the rota!

A lot of people commenting have clearly never worked in the real world or have even the most basic understanding of employment law.
all new Phil

Can we have a QI-style klaxon go off any time someone mentions W1A and Perfect Curve?
T0M

Sadly, the corporate takeover of the UK’s creative sector is complete. It’s the same in radio. Everything is so bland and formatted these days. A previous poster said ‘nobody will notice or care’. That’s the problem. Perhaps they won’t but if you don’t try to create a magical escape on tv for your audience, don’t expect any customer loyalty. It’s the same in retail - those who try survive these days. Those who say ‘just cut corners, nobody will notice’ soon wither away.
A Pres Café poster here reacting to seeing a baby Gruffalo on their screen.
🍊
Martin Phillp

Maryam's blooper has sent the usual suspects into overdrive.
TVF's London Lite.
DTV

Martin Phillp wrote: Thu 07 Dec, 2023 14.31 Maryam's blooper has sent the usual suspects into overdrive.
Now onto the fourth page of analysis of what would have been literally just 0.001% of the channel's output yesterday. Also willing to bet that none of the people whinging about it saw it live.
Nick Harvey
God

The only part of Pres Cafe I read regularly is the Industry News section.

I'm amused by jimbo2022 in the Nightlight thread, where he seems to produce yet another post each and every time they switch the red information slate on and off in the bottom half of the picture.

What will he do with his life after January 8th, I wonder.