Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Humphrey

Joe wrote: Sun 06 Aug, 2023 22.44 Humphrey Hacker’s earnestness annoys me
There's nothing wrong with showing passion.
all new Phil

I mean it’s probably different people posting, but I find it odd over there the contrast between the relative glee at the gobbling up of local radio stations by Bauer, Global etc, vs the horror at the idea of BBC Local Radio cutting back.
Blewatter

If I'm being completely honest, I think Pres Cafe is no different from most other forums with a niche interest. You will always have those characters who are set in their views, and come across as negative.
Humphrey

Blewatter wrote: Sat 02 Sep, 2023 20.10 If I'm being completely honest, I think Pres Cafe is no different from most other forums with a niche interest. You will always have those characters who are set in their views, and come across as negative.
And when you get negative people you get poison. I've not noticed many unpleasant posts. I'm willing to engage with people with different views but 99% of the time its better to agree to disagree.
bilky asko

I note that "Rue de Wakening", who has been known by many other pun names, is now Former Member 406 (presumably in reference to the User ID rather than 405 other members leaving).

Indeed, I think I'm right in saying that nobody else has left and become a Former Member on Pres Café.
Jamesypoo

Who's going to keep us up to speed on the temporary set situation now? Pretty selfish to just leave like that.
Newsroom2018

I don't know who KatsKaravan is over on PC, but they've taken the bull by the horns and said what many people are thinking!

I was banned permanently this morning for having an opinion. Whomever it is that runs that site and clean feed should be banned from running such sites. Absolutely ludicrous some of the messages I've received from Admin PC. I won't miss that site a bit, far better things to be doing with my time than being a part of a forum run by some sort of Gilead!

Anyway, feast your eyes on this rant.

"Now that that’s out of the way, a few words about this website.

Admin, what on Earth do you think you are doing? You are extremely rude to everyone here. You think you know absolutely everything about television, but in fact you know as much about television as Scientologists know about getting people off drugs. Yes, I’ve read your ridiculous screeds on Clean Feed - I’m probably the only person who does read them - where you have a hissy fit every time News at Ten doesn’t go out at 10, and quite frankly you are PATHETIC.

You treat this forum like Wentworth Prison. What is this, some sort of social experiment? If so, it’s not a very good one. You ban people from expressing their opinions - pretty strange for a forum, isn’t it? You force all the members you don’t like into ‘moderation’, where you keep our posts in a holding pattern until you or your lackeys deem them acceptable.

You are flagrantly BIASED, as was shown during the Philip Schofield saga. You censored any and ALL posts criticising him, whilst allowing sycophants a free hit. We get it. You like Phil. That says much more about YOU than anyone else. You have NO business running a forum. You bullied a good man in Rob Francis to burn down his forum, so YOU could be king of the ashes.

Meanwhile you have failed to do ANYTHING about the GB News cult running amok on this forum, who all worship the channel, praise it to high heaven and like each other’s posts, even though you claim no politics are allowed on your forum. Oh, if only that were true!

You talk to us all like the stuff one steps in whilst walking the dog, and I for one have had ENOUGH. I’m sure this will provide PLENTY of discussion fodder for the witches on Metropol. That’s fine. If they’re talking about me, they’re leaving someone else alone. At least I can say that. Do us all a favour and close this forum down, so a decent forum, run by decent people, can spring up in its place.

Oh, and Cando, stop shilling for BBC News all the time. We KNOW you work there, despite all your protests to the contrary, You’re like Comical Ali, only much sadder. Give it up."
all new Phil

No one cares.
Charlie Wells

I was tempted to post the following reply, which I probably stole from someone here years ago...

I didn't post it there as I knew at the very least it would understandably get removed. Think toys and pram spring to mind. Whilst I don't always agree with every decision they make I still accept those decisions (sometimes more reluctantly than others).
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Newsroom2018

all new Phil wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2023 13.08 No one cares.
As usual though you clearly care enough to comment. LOL

Much love Phil.
Newsroom2018

Charlie Wells wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2023 13.12 I was tempted to post the following reply, which I probably stole from someone here years ago...

I didn't post it there as I knew at the very least it would understandably get removed. Think toys and pram spring to mind. Whilst I don't always agree with every decision they make I still accept those decisions (sometimes more reluctantly than others).
HA!

""If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."

Can I just imagine your signature quote is about PC? Just for the moment while I digest the fact I've been banned for life with no reason. - Until I made my case clear, I was banned while Gilead decided on 'next steps'.

It's been a very difficult morning for me Charlie Wells. ;-)