Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

scottishtv

I think Globaltraffic24 neatly summed up GBN in one succinct sentence a few days ago:
“We’re amazingly popular because we got more viewers than eternally loss making Sky News” is fairly lame.
DavidWhitfield

I see Pres.Cafe are today marking a YEAR since launching. Time flies - doesn't seem two minutes to me. Suppose that's a good thing and shows how seamlessly visiting the site has become part of my routine.
rob

It's gone so quickly... and I've enjoyed reading the conversation much more than moderating it. No regrets at all... :)
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Joe

Humphrey Hacker’s earnestness annoys me
Charlie Wells

scottishtv wrote: Sat 29 Jul, 2023 10.05 I think Globaltraffic24 neatly summed up GBN in one succinct sentence a few days ago:
“We’re amazingly popular because we got more viewers than eternally loss making Sky News” is fairly lame.
On the subject of GB News' operations (as I'm sensing it's not permitted on pres.cafe despite not being Dan Wootton related) this article published last night caught my eye.
GB News’ Top Boss Faced ‘Sexual Harassment’ Allegation – as Channel Paid to Shut Down ‘Institutional Racism’ Claims
GB News settled an employment claim for a five-figure sum in which sexual harassment was alleged against its chief executive Angelos Frangopoulos – and shut down serious racism and bullying allegations raised by two other journalists with further pay-outs and gagging agreements, Byline Times can reveal.
Full article: https://bylinetimes.com/2023/08/10/gb-n ... sm-claims/

The article goes on to details the sort of things viewers are emailing in, which suffice to say are often far from pleasant.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Jonwo

tellyblues' disgust about My Mum, Your Dad is rather odd and a bit puritanical.
WillPS

The torturous loops people loop through to try and justify a sense of indignation on behalf of poor/"less connected" people.

Latest one is that if you are:
  • poor, or insufficiently connected, so only have freeview (just ignore Freesat OK!)
  • a viewer of HD channels
  • a viewer of the mostly unadvertised childrens programming ITV has to put somewhere other than CITV currently because of a franchise commitment they clearly see no other value in fulfilling
Then you are going to be massively done over by the upcoming change moving this 'parliamentary service' to ITV2 because it'll only be available in SD.

ffs lads, really...

I wish people would just accept things are changing and the days of there being hundreds of active linear broadcast channels are over. Oh and also CITV hasn't been interesting, at all, for 20 years now.
all new Phil

I’ve long since made peace with the fact that the majority over there dislike any form of change, and live in a world where nothing other than ploughing on with linear tv channels - when viewing and consumption is increasingly elsewhere - is even remotely acceptable.
DTV

all new Phil wrote: Sat 26 Aug, 2023 11.43 I’ve long since made peace with the fact that the majority over there dislike any form of change
Not sure this is wholly fair, after all, any branding that is more than 18 months old is automatically 'tired' and needs to change. Though, of course, whether the changes are accepted when they happen is another matter...
Nick Harvey
God

all new Phil wrote: nothing other than ploughing
And most of them still do that pulled by a carthorse!
Martin Phillp

all new Phil wrote: Sat 26 Aug, 2023 11.43 I’ve long since made peace with the fact that the majority over there dislike any form of change, and live in a world where nothing other than ploughing on with linear tv channels - when viewing and consumption is increasingly elsewhere - is even remotely acceptable.
It's no different to the Digital Spy radio gang where ILR reigns surpreme, Global is Satan and Bauer are nearly as bad for having the audacity of saving small scale commercial licences by networking them with national brands while competing with audio streaming services.

They even sneered at the fact Bauer have a premium radio service providing ad free versions of their brands (except Hits Radio and local stations) along with curated playlists.
TVF's London Lite.