Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

bilky asko

I note that a post claiming a camera from Studio B came off its tracks whilst on air has disappeared. I presume this is because of an ongoing investigation by the Rail Accident Investigation Branch.
scottishtv

There will never not be criticism to report on:
why doesnt breakfast have either a glass of water or a mug for any of their guests? everywhere else seems do it
all new Phil

A graphic changing from one colour to another has well and truly fired up some members over there.
Joe

I find the levels of anger and rage quite bizarre
Philip

My favourite was the essay-length post complaining about the difference between the title sequence played at 8am compared to the one at 6 and 7am.

When it was explained that this was simply a mistake, this was followed by another essay-length post about how dare they leave an old version in the system etc.
dosxuk

I think somebody needs to take a time out from watching BBC News. See if you can guess the poster (these are all from one person in the space of a week)...
if it was coming from NBH you’d be concerned based on their recent efforts.
Backwards along with all things related to the bbc news merged channel this year - rubbish.
it’s all opaque now including the ticker and flipper, it’s look pants but that’s in tone with everything released this year from NBH.
this is ridiculous now everyone is going to think bbc news is in permanent breaking news mode, who’s coming up with these wacky ideas, it makes no sense whatsoever
NBH are letting them down big time, I saw that new red breaking news graphic it’s far too bright red now.
there’s no programme name mentioned at all, it’s just terrible this bbc news channel it truly sucks.
classy and bbc news coming out of NBH dosent work together
Ffs the programme strap the context is on a light red strap on top of the darker red strap you couldn’t make it up, they are having a laugh clearly.
That bright red is really bad they are taking the Mickey.
the bottom bbc news logo is misaligned a few pixels to the right, this reminds me of bbc news 24 back in 2001 when they experimented with a bright red strap only now of course it affects world and Uk viewers.
World News America with the dreadful red lower thirds
I just can’t believe what the bbc have done to their once great bbc news channels.
these opaque graphics are here to stay now for world viewers
I’ve got decent eyesight and it hurts my eyes it’s too strong
Awful colour scheme, it’s ridiculous, viewers will just turn over to other news outlets.
The Salford graphics system hasn’t been updated thankfully with the horrible updates from NBH
And not forgetting my absolute favourite...
I have a few theories, first one it’s based on the wipe effect making it red and opaque, second theory maybe someone tested it on mobile and didn’t think it was obvious enough, so they made it opaque as possible? and last theory is their digital app approach isn’t working, so they would what would damage peoples tv screens, yeah let’s make it as red And opaque as possible, forcing people onto the app, therefore achieving their goals and then having a valid case for closing the channel for good.
Sure - the BBC are trying to damage TV screens so they can make people switch to the app...
Cando

Joe wrote: Tue 27 Jun, 2023 11.45 I find the levels of anger and rage quite bizarre
The thread seems to be made up of the same 5 people repeating the same shite everyday. Harshy is surely a parody account.
bilky asko

I'm not sure what has suddenly attracted the conspiracy theorists, and conspiracy theorists hiding behind bothsidesism, to show just how gullible they are in the GB News thread regarding climate change.
Martin Phillp

I think most people will realise by now that Derek will say anything to support GB News both on Pres Cafe and DS and while Stockland Hillman comes over as this supposed neutral who tries to post as if everyone's in the wrong, he's another who'll defend the channel regardless of the misinformation said by GBN presenters.

When he defended Derek, that was the icing on the cake in regards to where he stands.

Personally I think we shouldn't be allowed to use Guido Fawkes as a news source as it's clearly being used as a PR machine for the channel.
TVF's London Lite.
DTV

What is it about Sky News that makes people very insistent on making consistently specifically wrong 'spellings'? There is at least one member who always types it as SKY News, and another who I notice is now writing it as SkyNews.

Obviously, a very minor point, but, with two members doing it, I just find it a little odd.
Charlie Wells

Martin Phillp wrote: Thu 27 Jul, 2023 19.05 I think most people will realise by now that Derek will say anything to support GB News both on Pres Cafe and DS and while Stockland Hillman comes over as this supposed neutral who tries to post as if everyone's in the wrong, he's another who'll defend the channel regardless of the misinformation said by GBN presenters.

When he defended Derek, that was the icing on the cake in regards to where he stands.

Personally I think we shouldn't be allowed to use Guido Fawkes as a news source as it's clearly being used as a PR machine for the channel.
GB News threads have always been problematic and a bit of a headache for mods/admin, regardless of which forum it's on.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."