Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Kojak

Jonwo wrote: Fri 02 Jun, 2023 18.41 Studio7 has only been on the site for two weeks and is rubbing people the wrong way.
In what sense, Jonwo? All I could see was a little misunderstanding between them and All New Phil. Hardly 'rubbing people the wrong way'. I think if anyone is 'rubbing people the wrong way', it's you.
Newsroom2018

Considering all the moderators on PC go by coffee names, everyone one of them is asleep at the wheel. My posts have to be approved before going public and no reason has been given, since mid May.

I've PM'd all mods over the last 14 days but not one has replied.

I really wouldn't mind if I knew why. I've been reprimanded on previous forums and at times with good reason. It sucks to s@it they're running it to their own rules yet with hardly any respect to their members.

My own profile has a zero warning status, yet all my posts have to be approved by what? 3 mods, 4 at best, all faceless, seemingly keyboard warriors. At least the previous forums had real people we could go to with issues.

It' sucks it's about the only place to continue discussing my passion, that being news & pres which I've done so since I discovered TVF back in mid 2000's.
lepeterrr

Newsroom2018 wrote: Sat 03 Jun, 2023 20.26 Considering all the moderators on PC are go by coffee names, everyone one of them is asleep at the wheel. My posts have to be approved before going public and no reason has been given, since mid May.

I really wouldn't mind if I knew why. I've been reprimanded on previous forums and at times with good reason. It sucks to s@it they're running it to their own rules yet with hardly any respect to their members.

My own profile has a zero warning status, yet all my posts have to be approved by what? 3 mods, 4 at best, all faceless, seemingly keyboard warriors. At least the previous forums had real people we could go to with issues.

It' sucks it's about the only place to continue discussing my passion, that being news & pres which I've done so since I discovered TVF back in mid 2000's.
I've experienced the same, it really isn't fair. I've nor been given a reason, which I believe we at least deserve one.
Come and join me over on Media Talk, launching 22nd December.
Now open for pre-registration.
https://www.mediatalkforum.com/
Newsroom2018

lepeterrr wrote: Sat 03 Jun, 2023 21.13
Newsroom2018 wrote: Sat 03 Jun, 2023 20.26 Considering all the moderators on PC are go by coffee names, everyone one of them is asleep at the wheel. My posts have to be approved before going public and no reason has been given, since mid May.

I've experienced the same, it really isn't fair. I've nor been given a reason, which I believe we at least deserve one.
Great that we're not alone. I know we're not because I'm PM'ing friends I've had for years who are feeling the same anon silencing,
Kojak

It is indeed absolutely ridiculous and pathetic, having your account restricted with no explanation whatsoever. I can only imagine it's because we said things that Andrew Wood (yes, we know it's you running the show, why bother hiding?) didn't particularly like. The Schofield thing was a classic example - a few people got upset about the discussion, went crying on here, and the next thing, discussion of This Morning as a whole is banned. Incredible.

And then you have to deal with having to pussyfoot around certain members on Pres Cafe, lest they or their minions go crying about it on here. I didn't realise All New Phil was the Pope, whose ring we all have to kiss! That is the only reason I can think of for Jonwo's stupid little comment about another user, Studio7. In future why don't we just run all of our posts past Phil and Jonwo first for approval? Hey! Maybe they are two of the secret mods? And then there's Phil (again!) and Cando demanding that anyone who dares criticise BBC News be burned at the stake. Cando obviously works for BBC World so can perhaps be forgiven, but I bet the rest of you don't even think the new channel is that good, really - because it's not. It's fucking dire. You only make out it's God's gift to TV news because it's the opposite to what everyone else on PC says. Childlike behaviour.

Peter, it's a real shame your forum never took off. At least we knew who the moderators were! It's a real shame that two wonderful forums both shut down, to be replaced by this pathetic little ego trip by a few saddos. But hey. I'm shouting into the void here. Pete's probably going to ban me because he doesn't like anyone interrupting his little clique. That's fine. I've said my bit. It was nice knowing you all. Now it's time I moved on. I think that would be better for everyone.
Andrew Wood

Kojak wrote: Sun 04 Jun, 2023 11.38Andrew Wood (yes, we know it's you running the show, why bother hiding?)
You are wrong in your assumption. Nothing further to add.
NiKepp

I read in here a lot, but have never had to post until now as it's normally so simple to follow. Can I just check I'm following this soap opera correctly as the character plot this time is becoming so very convoluted.

* Solari (aka Kojak) was sick of everyone here so flounced off from Metropol 4ever never to return, in some removed posts.
* Kojak (aka Kojak) reappeared here out of the blue to defend someone new called 'Studio7' who appeared over at Pres Café shortly after Kojak was restricted from posting.
* Kojak is now sick of everyone here so has now flounced off from Metropol 4ever never to return.

Does this mean Studio7 is going to appear on here next wearing a cheap plastic moustache to defend Kojak? Or am I just really not following this story at all.
I'm on the David Lees Honor Roll!
Critique

Not sure about anyone else, but based on the last few posts in this thread, it feels like there might be some fairly obvious reasons certain members have had their accounts restricted…
Kojak

NiKepp wrote: Sun 04 Jun, 2023 12.27 I read in here a lot, but have never had to post until now as it's normally so simple to follow. Can I just check I'm following this soap opera correctly as the character plot this time is becoming so very convoluted.

* Solari (aka Kojak) was sick of everyone here so flounced off from Metropol 4ever never to return, in some removed posts.
* Kojak (aka Kojak) reappeared here out of the blue to defend someone new called 'Studio7' who appeared over at Pres Café shortly after Kojak was restricted from posting.
* Kojak is now sick of everyone here so has now flounced off from Metropol 4ever never to return.

Does this mean Studio7 is going to appear on here next wearing a cheap plastic moustache to defend Kojak? Or am I just really not following this story at all.
It's me, we're all the same person. And I'm wearing a cheap plastic hat, not a moustache, thanks very much :D I was restricted from posting for some spurious reason (probably because I dared reference the reasons Phillip Schofield was dismissed from This Morning). I ended up using a VPN to make another account, which worked for a while but then I got restricted on that account for some completely unknown reason. Now I'm here trying to make sense of it all (I'm as confused as you are, believe me). I'll probably be banned from both forums on all accounts now I've come clean, but I don't mind. It's probably for the best. Pres Cafe is really shit anyway.
Kojak

Critique wrote: Sun 04 Jun, 2023 12.32 Not sure about anyone else, but based on the last few posts in this thread, it feels like there might be some fairly obvious reasons certain members have had their accounts restricted…
WHAT 'obvious reasons', Critique? Please enlighten us...
lepeterrr

Kojak wrote: Sun 04 Jun, 2023 11.38 It is indeed absolutely ridiculous and pathetic, having your account restricted with no explanation whatsoever. I can only imagine it's because we said things that Andrew Wood (yes, we know it's you running the show, why bother hiding?) didn't particularly like. The Schofield thing was a classic example - a few people got upset about the discussion, went crying on here, and the next thing, discussion of This Morning as a whole is banned. Incredible.

And then you have to deal with having to pussyfoot around certain members on Pres Cafe, lest they or their minions go crying about it on here. I didn't realise All New Phil was the Pope, whose ring we all have to kiss! That is the only reason I can think of for Jonwo's stupid little comment about another user, Studio7. In future why don't we just run all of our posts past Phil and Jonwo first for approval? Hey! Maybe they are two of the secret mods? And then there's Phil (again!) and Cando demanding that anyone who dares criticise BBC News be burned at the stake. Cando obviously works for BBC World so can perhaps be forgiven, but I bet the rest of you don't even think the new channel is that good, really - because it's not. It's fucking dire. You only make out it's God's gift to TV news because it's the opposite to what everyone else on PC says. Childlike behaviour.

Peter, it's a real shame your forum never took off. At least we knew who the moderators were! It's a real shame that two wonderful forums both shut down, to be replaced by this pathetic little ego trip by a few saddos. But hey. I'm shouting into the void here. Pete's probably going to ban me because he doesn't like anyone interrupting his little clique. That's fine. I've said my bit. It was nice knowing you all. Now it's time I moved on. I think that would be better for everyone.
I agree with most of what you're saying, I don't mind my messages having to be accepted- just a reason would be nice!

Unfortunately, it wasn't my decision to close down TVTF and I still regret some of the decisions I made in the early stages. But hey ho here we are now! I don't think there's an appetite for any alternative form at the moment, someone anonymous tried but failed. If there's demand in the future then who knows, but for now no.
Come and join me over on Media Talk, launching 22nd December.
Now open for pre-registration.
https://www.mediatalkforum.com/