Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Philip

The "This Morning" thread has to be one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on TVF/TVLF/Pres Cafe in a long time.

Got to love members who post in there constantly about unsubstantiated gossip admitting to not even watching the programme in the first place.
Solari

Philip wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 18.45 The "This Morning" thread has to be one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on TVF/TVLF/Pres Cafe in a long time.

Got to love members who post in there constantly about unsubstantiated gossip admitting to not even watching the programme in the first place.
Except it’s not necessarily unsubstantiated. There may or may not be quite a lot of truth in it. Numerous people who have worked on that programme have hinted as much. We can worship Phil all we want but it is my belief (and that of MANY others) that he is nothing but a false prophet. As you were.
Martin Phillp

The only way I could post about the show was watching a few clips on YouTube first to even comment, but at least I admitted that when some seem to lap up the tabloid fare and the gossip on social media about Schofield's personal life.
TVF's London Lite.
Solari

Martin Phillp wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 19.37 The only way I could post about the show was watching a few clips on YouTube first to even comment, but at least I admitted that when some seem to lap up the tabloid fare and the gossip on social media about Schofield's personal life.
Well fair enough. All we were saying is that there it may or may not be a case of 'no smoke without fire'. I don't like the attitude of some on that forum of worshipping Schofield blindly.
Critique

Philip wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 18.45 The "This Morning" thread has to be one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on TVF/TVLF/Pres Cafe in a long time.

And in classic TVF style, a few posts get removed for being full to the brim of unnecessary speculation and suddenly you’ve got posters proclaiming the death of the forum because they’re not allowed to do whatever they want. Some things never change…
Philip

Solari wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 19.10

Except it’s not necessarily unsubstantiated. There may or may not be quite a lot of truth in it. Numerous people who have worked on that programme have hinted as much. We can worship Phil all we want but it is my belief (and that of MANY others) that he is nothing but a false prophet. As you were.
I really don't have an opinion on Philip Schofield. My problem is visiting a TV presentation forum and being presented with several pages of showbiz gossip.
Charlie Wells

Critique wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 22.00

And in classic TVF style, a few posts get removed for being full to the brim of unnecessary speculation and suddenly you’ve got posters proclaiming the death of the forum because they’re not allowed to do whatever they want. Some things never change…
In my opinion there's usually little point in those people complaining about an admin (or moderator) decision, especially when they've posted in the thread. If you don't like it either get over it or go elsewhere.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Jonwo

Critique wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 22.00 And in classic TVF style, a few posts get removed for being full to the brim of unnecessary speculation and suddenly you’ve got posters proclaiming the death of the forum because they’re not allowed to do whatever they want. Some things never change…
Newsroom seems still bitter about his ban from the Blue place, I don't think the mods are being overzealous at all, they've said what is and isn't allowed and people are ignoring it.
Solari

Jonwo wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 22.23
Critique wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 22.00 And in classic TVF style, a few posts get removed for being full to the brim of unnecessary speculation and suddenly you’ve got posters proclaiming the death of the forum because they’re not allowed to do whatever they want. Some things never change…
Newsroom seems still bitter about his ban from the Blue place, I don't think the mods are being overzealous at all, they've said what is and isn't allowed and people are ignoring it.
What ban? When was this? I remember Newsroom throughout the blue place's lifespan so any ban can't have been for very long.
Newsroom2018

Jonwo wrote: Mon 15 May, 2023 22.23
My goodness, are you keeping a register of who's been sent to coventry over the many forums we've had to date? I can only think of one serial offender since the time I began frequenting such forums.

Not bitter at all! My being banned was discussed with the landlord of the blue place and lifted. I do think we reserve the right to ask for reasoning when posts are deleted, surely that's everyone's basic right?
Solari

I really dislike the way moderation is done so underhandedly. Posts get deleted without any reason, anything that upsets the mods is removed quietly (and if you're dead lucky, you get a really rude message from the admin). I don't see why the admin and mods have to be anonymous. We know who the admin (probably) is anyway - why hide it? You-know-who isn't allowed anywhere near the forums, so what's the problem? And why do you have to log in to even read it? Is this all because of that silly little 'scoop' about the ITV rebrand back in October? Anyway, it must put off a lot of potential new people - you know, the ones who might actually work in the industry and have useful insights to offer.

And another thing. I had my posting abilities restricted (‘must be approved by an admin or mod first’) last night. Why? What have I done? Referred to things that are in the public domain anyway! But because the mods don’t like it, they punish me. I am happy to take any punishment like a man. But it WOULD be nice to know exactly what I’ve done wrong. I messaged admin last night and still have heard nothing. But what do I know? I am nothing and no one. The cabal of obsequiousness has clearly won.