Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

It's the way that so many posters seem to think only they can see the issues with the new channel, and that everyone at the BBC is blind to them. From the drama of not knowing what presenters are going to be on air on Monday*, to not realising they're moving to a studio which is about to completely fail**; it's down to the good people of pres.cafe to shout about these problems and the need to fix them, with the vain hope that someone at the Beeb might pick up on them rather than just carrying on like the Titanic towards that ice berg.

* I'm pretty sure that everybody involved knows exactly who's working, when and what they are doing. Sure, there might be some existing contracts to be worked to their end, and new ones to be signed, but that's normal day-to-day stuff for any organisation, not a sign of the apocalypse
** It has had one failure big enough to cause a decamp in the last month - we have no idea of what that could be; it could be the whole studio failed or it could be the autocue monitor on the main camera gave up. Faults happen all the time, it doesn't automatically mean that everything is being held together by hopes and dreams.
Philip

Not sure why my post with this GIF was removed, so here it is.

JetixFann450

Why aren't my posts getting accepted? Does the forum have a set amount of people they only accept to post?

I posted a few things on the forum and I still haven't seen them get posted at all. If they're worried about certain people posting to the forum (and especially since spring break is on right now), why isn't there a month wait to post?
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
Nick Harvey
God

JetixFann450 wrote: Why aren't my posts getting accepted?
All mine are getting accepted.

Perhaps mine are of a higher standard than yours?
JetixFann450

Nick Harvey wrote: Fri 07 Apr, 2023 12.25

The last post I made was actually making a thread about the U-turn of BBC Four, which was then moved into Industry News, Technology and Facilities which was a better fit for that thread to be fair. I find it surprising that they've enabled this system and then not even accept posts from certain individuals? Isn't that a little too, I dunno, selfish?

I still love Pres Café as a decent, serious forum to discuss TV presentation and programming in general, but I genuinely have a hard time fathoming some of the decisions made by the moderators and admins. Like, VMPhil above posted a GIF that I thought was pretty tongue in cheek and then it gets taken down... for what?
Philip

JetixFann450 wrote: Fri 07 Apr, 2023 15.21Like, VMPhil above posted a GIF that I thought was pretty tongue in cheek and then it gets taken down... for what?
Just to be clear - the admin/mod team of Pres Cafe have said they had no problem with my GIF.
TVenthusiasm2

JetixFann450 wrote: Fri 07 Apr, 2023 15.21
Nick Harvey wrote: Fri 07 Apr, 2023 12.25

The last post I made was actually making a thread about the U-turn of BBC Four, which was then moved into Industry News, Technology and Facilities which was a better fit for that thread to be fair. I find it surprising that they've enabled this system and then not even accept posts from certain individuals? Isn't that a little too, I dunno, selfish?

I still love Pres Café as a decent, serious forum to discuss TV presentation and programming in general, but I genuinely have a hard time fathoming some of the decisions made by the moderators and admins. Like, VMPhil above posted a GIF that I thought was pretty tongue in cheek and then it gets taken down... for what?
Had the same thing myself, posts won't show days after I originally posted them, eventually they started showing again hours after I posted them. Must be a moderation issue rather than an site issue - that and the 10 post limit are the things I hate most about the forum. Both TVF and TVLF did not have either of these things.
JetixFann450

JetixFann450 wrote: Thu 06 Apr, 2023 12.36 Why aren't my posts getting accepted? Does the forum have a set amount of people they only accept to post?

I posted a few things on the forum and I still haven't seen them get posted at all. If they're worried about certain people posting to the forum (and especially since spring break is on right now), why isn't there a month wait to post?
Got a response from the head admin of the site:
Admin PC wrote:All posts are subject to adherence to our Terms/Conditions/Rules.

As stated in our Terms/Conditions/Rules, we monitor the quality of posts. I'd recommend you focus on that.

Admin.
What parts of my posts were "low quality" that my posts were being restricted? I genuinely hate this "For the greater good" type nonsense that it hardly EVER feels like I'm being better informed on what was wrong with my posts. The lack of communication, for one, is a major flaw that it is hardly ever addressed.

At least I can still read the bloody forum, for now anyway.
ballinagrappa

Anyone else having problems logging in?
bilky asko

ballinagrappa wrote: Fri 21 Apr, 2023 23.31 Anyone else having problems logging in?
None at all for me. I've found the site to be remarkably stable.
Solari

bilky asko wrote: Sat 22 Apr, 2023 22.31
ballinagrappa wrote: Fri 21 Apr, 2023 23.31 Anyone else having problems logging in?
None at all for me. I've found the site to be remarkably stable.
It generally is. Unless a BBC bod finds out about some mild criticism on the forum and then goes crying about it on Twitter.