Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

Solari wrote: Mon 27 Mar, 2023 15.16You were the one who insisted on 'receipts' - so I went and found them.
Are you sure about that? I mean, he said:
all new Phil wrote: Sat 25 Mar, 2023 23.32Looking forward to the receipts to show I have “defended GB News relentlessly for months” btw.
But none of your quotes are from a GB News thread or even reference GB News...
Solari

dosxuk wrote: Mon 27 Mar, 2023 15.38
Solari wrote: Mon 27 Mar, 2023 15.16You were the one who insisted on 'receipts' - so I went and found them.
Are you sure about that? I mean, he said:
all new Phil wrote: Sat 25 Mar, 2023 23.32Looking forward to the receipts to show I have “defended GB News relentlessly for months” btw.
But none of your quotes are from a GB News thread or even reference GB News...
Oh, there's more. Believe me, there's more.
all new Phil

I mean - none of that is particularly controversial, but you do you.
Blewatter

So...I've been liking a lot of the discourse on the threads recently...
bilky asko

In the latest news on the "battle" against the "websnatchers", apparently it's necessary to upload audio in low quality and add hiss to it.

https://pres.cafe/showthread.php?tid=38 ... 0#pid23160

What is the point of all this rigmarole, especially as it doesn't actually stop anyone uploading the file elsewhere?
T0M

The whole “websnatchers” thing does my head in, to be honest. The forum policy where they’ll remove a link to any “known websnatcher” is quite ridiculous because 99% of the time it’s by people who’ve just typed in the video they want to link into youtube - there’s no malicious intent from the actual forum poster, and I never see the link get replaced with the actual source material so there’s just craters left in the thread. Are people genuinely supposed to be psychic about who these websnatchers are?
🍊
DTV

The posting of a somewhat obvious fake accidental reveal of new branding in the BBC News merger thread is a bit odd - delusional kid or troll? I'm not sure what they were really hoping to achieve there.
bilky asko

DTV wrote: Thu 30 Mar, 2023 10.16 The posting of a somewhat obvious fake accidental reveal of new branding in the BBC News merger thread is a bit odd - delusional kid or troll? I'm not sure what they were really hoping to achieve there.
Perhaps to claim a last-minute change of heart when it didn't appear? It fooled 10 people into liking the post, so there's maybe a small ego boost too.
iSon

all new Phil wrote: Mon 27 Mar, 2023 14.59 Imagine obsessing over someone because they have slightly different views to you on a couple of things. Utterly unhinged. I suppose I’m a little flattered though.
I’m a bit late to all this but I’m hoping that I can get a copy of the latest newsletter explaining what the hell is going on? Do I email [email protected] ?
Good Lord!
Cando

Joe wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 02.05 Anyway

The BBC News merger stuff is a little hysterical at times isn’t it
100% Some seem to be treating it as a death in the family
DTV

Cando wrote: Fri 31 Mar, 2023 21.03
Joe wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 02.05 The BBC News merger stuff is a little hysterical at times isn’t it
100% Some seem to be treating it as a death in the family
The thing I don't get is the absolute persistence of the 'it'll be BBC World News except in name' narrative. At every stage of the phase-in, particularly the 'interim' period of the last four weeks, the level of UK news has been far exceded expecations (and at times been virtually unchanged from the perspective of the UK viewer) - yet a large chunk of members have remained overly pessimistic on this front, and, in the case of one particular member, begun harbouring fantasies that an unparalleled wave of public outcry is going to force the BBC to return the channel to its long-gone glory days.