Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

Newsroom2018 wrote: Sat 25 Mar, 2023 23.49 Why on earth do you engage with this FireStartee All Old Phil?

Same old nonsense on every damn forum!

How about YOU step away from the internet and these forums and retire your nauseating nonsense:

Honestly it's old hat, it's boring as s@£t and it's not 2003, which from a whole bunch of us can ascertain is when you started on such forums.
I hate to break it to you, but you’re coming across as a little odd.
Joe

Anyway

The BBC News merger stuff is a little hysterical at times isn’t it
Solari

Joe wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 02.05 Anyway

Ahh, Joe, you’re another beauty. Constantly whining about everyone on pres cafe being negative when you’re the most negative person on either of these forums. You and Phil are two peas in a pod. And as for you, Pete and Nick and all the other pathetic far-right sycophants, sticking up for that crusty old sod Phil... wankers, the lot of you.
all new Phil

Solari wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 18.17

Ahh, Joe, you’re another beauty. Constantly whining about everyone on pres cafe being negative when you’re the most negative person on either of these forums. You and Phil are two peas in a pod. And as for you, Pete and Nick and all the other pathetic far-right sycophants, sticking up for that crusty old sod Phil... wankers, the lot of you.
Does someone need a hug?
Solari

all new Phil wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 19.25
Solari wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 18.17

Does someone need a hug?
Thanks, but not off you, dear.
Pete

Solari wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 18.17Ahh, Joe, you’re another beauty. Constantly whining about everyone on pres cafe being negative when you’re the most negative person on either of these forums. You and Phil are two peas in a pod. And as for you, Pete and Nick and all the other pathetic far-right sycophants, sticking up for that crusty old sod Phil... wankers, the lot of you.
I think the best thing here - not least so those of us who don't read every thread can enjoy the drama - is to provide links when you're claiming people have posted x or y on the other forum.

Otherwise accusing other members of being willing to "defend Fritzl to be contrarian" is probably going to get the incredulous response its garnered here.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Joe

Solari wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 18.17 you’re the most negative person on either of these forums.
I have three posts on Pres Cafe but okay
Solari

Pete wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 20.21
Solari wrote: Sun 26 Mar, 2023 18.17Ahh, Joe, you’re another beauty. Constantly whining about everyone on pres cafe being negative when you’re the most negative person on either of these forums. You and Phil are two peas in a pod. And as for you, Pete and Nick and all the other pathetic far-right sycophants, sticking up for that crusty old sod Phil... wankers, the lot of you.
I think the best thing here - not least so those of us who don't read every thread can enjoy the drama - is to provide links when you're claiming people have posted x or y on the other forum.

Otherwise accusing other members of being willing to "defend Fritzl to be contrarian" is probably going to get the incredulous response its garnered here.
CLAP ... CLAP ... CLAP. Well done, Pete. Really superb work. You've managed to completely miss the point of what I am saying.

All right then. A bunch of you want 'receipts' (ugh, what a disgusting piece of zoomer slang). I'll give you 'receipts'. By the end of this you'll have more 'receipts' than a Tesco's bin. Get yourselves strapped in - it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

First off we have this beauty from the Gary Lineker thread. Whilst everyone else said that Gary Lineker was entitled to his free speech and shouldn't have been penalised for it, Phil comes out with this gem:
After I pulled him up on it, he backpedalled:
Then there is the CONSTANT whining about how it is good that the BBC closed down News 24. Fine, but I am SURE he only keeps saying it because everyone else disagrees. It's obviously a thrill he gets.
By that logic, why should the BBC exist at all? Other broadcasters are available, after all. Let's give GB News slot 1 on the guide - hell, our friend Derek would LOVE that. Johnson, Truss and Farage forever!!!! And then there's the utterly cringeworthy quoting of Hairspray to justify closing News 24:
alt old phil wrote:I just can’t get my head around posters here thinking that something should continue to be funded at levels that don’t reflect its value. The fact is that people consume news differently to how they did 15 years ago. I really think it needs to be understood that the fondness (for want of a better word) that some have here for the news channel is massively out of step with the wider public, and focusing its resources in the right places (app, online, social media, podcasts) is 100% the right thing for the BBC to do.

They could plough millions into the news channel, it still wouldn’t change habits which are increasingly moving away from linear channels for news consumption.

Never thought I’d be quoting Hairspray here, but “you can fight it, or you can rock out to it.” In other words - embrace where things are going rather than trying to cling onto where they were.
And there is the delightful attitude towards Brexit job losses that is so typical of all Brexiteers:
all new Phil wrote: Wed 21 Nov, 2018 22.43 That we should remain in the EU to keep 16 people in a job?
I could go on, but I've said enough. And Pete. Please don't be so condescending next time. It's not a good look. Ta dear. Now get stuffed all you obsequious bastards.
Charlie Wells

I'm just going out to the foyer, would anyone else like some more popcorn?
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
all new Phil

Imagine obsessing over someone because they have slightly different views to you on a couple of things. Utterly unhinged. I suppose I’m a little flattered though.
Solari

all new Phil wrote: Mon 27 Mar, 2023 14.59 Imagine obsessing over someone because they have slightly different views to you on a couple of things. Utterly unhinged. I suppose I’m a little flattered though.
I'm not obsessing over you, Phil. I picked up on your constantly antagonistic tone on the forums. You're nothing but a bully. You were the one who insisted on 'receipts' - so I went and found them. Not my fault you're an arsehole. Glad you're flattered, though. I aim to please.