The Telly Forum Watch News and Information Board

Solari

james2001 wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 13.43 Some people are really desperate to get that gallery.
Agreed. I just don't see why, when we've finally coalesced around one forum, anyone needs to set up a second one. We saw this a few times during the reign of the blue place - people would set up new TV forums from time to time, but none ever took off. Why? Because everyone was on TV Forum. So it follows now with Pres Cafe. There's barely enough to discuss on that forum, never mind a second one. And if anyone is really desperate to make mocks, there's always DeviantArt.

Regardless, though, it seems like you really are determined to start a new forum. Good luck to you. I wish you well.
TheTellyForum

I very much do appreciate all members comments and opinions on this matter and I would like to thank you all for your responses. However, my aim remains the same and therefore the forum will still be going ahead as planned.
The Telly Forum, launching on Saturday 3rd December.
Now open for registration at https://www.thetellyforum.com!
Solari

TheTellyForum wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.18 I very much do appreciate all members comments and opinions on this matter and I would like to thank you all for your responses. However, my aim remains the same and therefore the forum will still be going ahead as planned.
But why? No one wants or needs a new forum - save for one or two who were banned from the current one. No offence, but this all seems like an exercise in vanity and ego.
TheTellyForum

Solari wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.24
TheTellyForum wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.18 I very much do appreciate all members comments and opinions on this matter and I would like to thank you all for your responses. However, my aim remains the same and therefore the forum will still be going ahead as planned.
But why? No one wants a new forum - save for one or two who were banned from the current one. No offence, but this all seems like an exercise in vanity and ego.
I understand this point of view, but some members seem to just be focusing on the current members that are on PresCafé, there is also other members who aren't apart of the community who can find the forum. I personally don't believe in having just 1 forum, and we will offer something different to what PresCafé does.
Solari

TheTellyForum wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.27
But why? No one wants a new forum - save for one or two who were banned from the current one. No offence, but this all seems like an exercise in vanity and ego.
I understand this point of view, but some members seem to just be focusing on the current members that are on PresCafé, there is also other members who aren't apart of the community who can find the forum. I personally don't believe in having just 1 forum, and we will offer something different to what PresCafé does.
Different in what way, though? We have a forum that discusses television presentation. Your new forum will also discuss television presentation. Is there really that much to discuss that it needs to be spread across two forums? (Three, if you count TV Ark forum.) Why do you 'personally [not] believe in having just one forum'?
TheTellyForum

Solari wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.32
TheTellyForum wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.27

Different in what way, though? We have a forum that discusses television presentation. Your new forum will also discuss television presentation. Is there really that much to discuss that it needs to be spread across two forums? (Three, if you count TV Ark forum.) Why do you 'personally [not] believe in having just one forum'?
Our forum is going to offer a much more relaxed moderation and discussion feel, whilst also having some new categories not just the addition of The Gallery.
I also personally believe having just the 1 forum doesn't offer anyone a choice and I believe we should offer people choice.

Also just a note, certain users won't be permitted on the forum.
WillPS

TheTellyForum wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.35 Also just a note, certain users won't be permitted on the forum.
I'm sure they'll be gutted.
IMxcky

Personally I'm glad that this forum is bringing back The Gallery. I for one enjoy making mock for people to see. It helps people grow in making graphics, let you gain confidence and even inspires people. I know the arguement of "Kids will come on, make a mock in paint and claim it's good" will come up but that isn't the case. I have seen many mock creators make mocks in different kinds of software's like PowerPoint, Photoshop and Sony Vegas. I am glad The Gallery is at least carrying on.
WillPS

IMxcky wrote: Wed 16 Nov, 2022 17.55 Personally I'm glad that this forum is bringing back The Gallery. I for one enjoy making mock for people to see. It helps people grow in making graphics, let you gain confidence and even inspires people. I know the arguement of "Kids will come on, make a mock in paint and claim it's good" will come up but that isn't the case. I have seen many mock creators make mocks in different kinds of software's like PowerPoint, Photoshop and Sony Vegas. I am glad The Gallery is at least carrying on.
Welcome to Metropol IMxcky. You're not a sockpuppet by some strange chance are you?
TheTellyForum

Andrew

There isn’t such a date as Saturday 2nd December!