Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Pete

Monolithic wrote: Tue 08 Nov, 2022 08.06 Pres Cafe must be a beast to survive. God help its members.

I can only quote George Orwell. Not very PC language these days but I hope you catch my drift.
'something half way between a girl's school and a lunatic asylum.'.
I wish them well.
right...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Shiruba98

Blubatt, a user in Pres Cafe has made a new subreddit for those who want to discuss TV pres as well as post their own mocks.
Hopefully it should help those who like Pres Cafe (despite their stringent rules) but can't post mocks cos there's no mocks section.
https://www.reddit.com/r/presentationstation/
bilky asko

Shiruba98 wrote: Wed 09 Nov, 2022 17.17 Blubatt, a user in Pres Cafe has made a new subreddit for those who want to discuss TV pres as well as post their own mocks.
As can be seen on page 13 of this very thread...
WillPS

The pent up demand it has released has been predictably massive.
T0M

However, if ITV never chose the numerals, I'd have gone with these:
• ITV2: Chav TV
• ITV3: Formaldehyde TV
• ITV4: Testosterone TV
• ITVBe: Does my bum look big in this? TV
jesus wept.
🍊
Blewatter

Shiruba98 wrote: Wed 09 Nov, 2022 17.17 Blubatt, a user in Pres Cafe has made a new subreddit for those who want to discuss TV pres as well as post their own mocks.
Hopefully it should help those who like Pres Cafe (despite their stringent rules) but can't post mocks cos there's no mocks section.
Thank you for linking the new subreddit. It isn't yet ready to launch, and I am reluctant to promote it yet because it is not ready. I will be looking for potential moderators though. Presentation Station is due on air soon.
WillPS

Blewatter wrote: Thu 10 Nov, 2022 20.23
Thank you for linking the new subreddit. It isn't yet ready to launch, and I am reluctant to promote it yet because it is not ready. I will be looking for potential moderators though. Presentation Station is due on air soon.
You already promoted it on the previous page of this very thread.

I would think about attracting some users before getting ahead of yourself with appointing mods.
Martin Phillp

I wish Pres Cafe had some leeway with the thread content rules. A French TV thread was set up in the industry section to collate everything happing in the industry in France, but a mod decided to split the discussion of Midterm election discussion into another thread.

This wasn't an issue on the other place.
TVF's London Lite.
Joe

Genuine question: why is it an issue here?
Shiruba98

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 13 Nov, 2022 21.34 I wish Pres Cafe had some leeway with the thread content rules. A French TV thread was set up in the industry section to collate everything happing in the industry in France, but a mod decided to split the discussion of Midterm election discussion into another thread.

This wasn't an issue on the other place.
If only they'd tone down the over-seriousness of it all.
Blewatter

WillPS wrote: Fri 11 Nov, 2022 09.57
Blewatter wrote: Thu 10 Nov, 2022 20.23
You already promoted it on the previous page of this very thread.

I would think about attracting some users before getting ahead of yourself with appointing mods.
It's all new to me this stuff, but I will take your points :)