Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

SHADOWNINJA

Knight in West wrote: Sat 05 Nov, 2022 12.47 But I get the reason for the exclusion - the community nearby can get really messy. Less ties with that tosh aspect, the better, not to mention the routine "confusion with the real deal" problem.
Not only that, but eventually, there would come a time where real life goings-on can distance someone from mocking, to the point that they just feel disillusioned with continuing with creating mocks in general. Take my OAN mock for the now-closed TV Talk Forum, for example: My goal was to bring consistency to a channel that was wildly inconsistent, whether it be the fonts, the graphics, or even the logo application. I ended up creating a dazzling mock for what I wanted to accomplish (with the detailed explanations I gave for what I did adding to it), and while I was pleased with what I created for an American right-wing news channel (I always put it in quotation marks when I reference this at home, though), real life always caught up to the point that I was unable to continue with this any further, even though I assured those who viewed my mock that the updates and improvements will continue.

In short, I'm perfectly fine with the exclusion of the Gallery, not only because of what I just stated, but because of what you just brought up: People may mistake a mock for the real thing, and there are quite a number of people in the mocking community who... aren't exactly the best when it comes to behavior, if the few instances I've seen from the dearly-missed TV Forum is anything to go by.
Pete

I will say this only once...

When the two forums launched I said it was a bad idea they were both using the internal attachments feature rather than the upload service we've ran here for 12 years.

With the closure of TV Talk Forum we've essentially lost 6 months of images, sounds, and videos of TV pres which is a huge shame. Whilst a lot of it is duplicated on pres.cafe, its not universal, so there is loss regardless.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Shiruba98

Pete wrote: Sun 06 Nov, 2022 13.17 I will say this only once...

When the two forums launched I said it was a bad idea they were both using the internal attachments feature rather than the upload service we've ran here for 12 years.

With the closure of TV Talk Forum we've essentially lost 6 months of images, sounds, and videos of TV pres which is a huge shame. Whilst a lot of it is duplicated on pres.cafe, its not universal, so there is loss regardless.
TVTF closing was something I didn't expect tbh and I'm kinda sad that they're gone. Pres Cafe is a worthy successor but in order to be a true successor it's gonna have to add the mock gallery sooner or later.
all new Phil

Oh god shut up about mocks already.
Nick Harvey
God

all new Phil wrote: Oh god shut up about mocks already.
And shut up about being banned too.
SHADOWNINJA

all new Phil wrote: Sun 06 Nov, 2022 16.00 Oh god shut up about mocks already.
This. With the reasons already given, the lack of a Gallery isn't going to hurt many of us in the long run, especially if we're just here to talk about presentation, forum atmosphere notwithstanding.
Blewatter

I think if it is something users want, and have had in other websites, then surely a compromise can be met on this issue, just to stop people asking about it. I gave the Moderators the suggestion of just linking the Clean Feed Website's Gallery on the navigation bar, maybe even hidden on a sub menu.

As for the poster who used their ASD as a reason to let them back in to Pres Cafe, and I say this as someone with Autism: No one gives one. It isn't an excuse or a defensive card you pull out. You can manage your condition and your impulses, just like any other person. You were banned by the moderators, and that's that.
bilky asko

Blewatter wrote: Sun 06 Nov, 2022 21.21 I think if it is something users want, and have had in other websites, then surely a compromise can be met on this issue, just to stop people asking about it.
I think the relevant phrase is "tough shit".

If the idea is such a popular one, set a website / Discord / Twitter Community / Subreddit up for the purpose.
T0M

Aside from a handful of good mocks - nowadays having a gallery is basically having a forum crèche. TV pres has gone from being a niche topic to being a relatively popular interest with kids who have access to the internet. Now that isn’t a bad thing - it’s really cool that they’re interested in it, and we were like that once too. But it comes a point where when you search for any TV pres on YouTube, and you’re given pages and pages of results that are just saturated with awful mocks purely just made by kids having fun with them and messing around with them on free editing apps, that it all becomes very tedious. I’m not saying that’s always the results you get in The Gallery either - but it attracts that. You can have literally anywhere else for them - you already do - just not on a forum that’s usually intended for more in-depth/serious discussion. Make a subreddit or something.
🍊
Blewatter

bilky asko wrote: Sun 06 Nov, 2022 22.55
Blewatter wrote: Sun 06 Nov, 2022 21.21 I think if it is something users want, and have had in other websites, then surely a compromise can be met on this issue, just to stop people asking about it.
I think the relevant phrase is "tough shit".

If the idea is such a popular one, set a website / Discord / Twitter Community / Subreddit up for the purpose.
r/Presentationstation is a go.
Monolithic

Pres Cafe must be a beast to survive. God help its members.

I can only quote George Orwell. Not very PC language these days but I hope you catch my drift.
'something half way between a girl's school and a lunatic asylum.'.

I wish them well.