Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

barcode wrote: Wed 05 Oct, 2022 14.04 A moderator, AN actual moderator , of A rival forum within MINS of content being postage on a different forum just copied and pasted stuff to their forum ( if it was the next day and by a member then It may will not have been so bad) . That shabby as hell, If that is the level a forum team would go to, to try and get more views and follows ie just nicking content from there rival.. then it just make it clear to everyone talk have NOTHING to offer people.
*That* is how the internet works - everyone steals from everyone else. By hiding the content behind a sign up requirement, it just encourages everyone else to copy & paste.

If the admin team thought they could get a discussion exclusive on this story then they were sadly misguided. The only thing TVTF have done wrong is to copy and paste from their site when they could have just reworded it and done nothing wrong. Banning members on PC for talking about things on another forum is just hilarious and pathetic. TVTF shouldn't go along with this either, bowing down to their competitors and banning discussion - simply reword the content that was taken and then reopen the thread - the only claim PC have against you is copyright infringement, they have no recourse about you discussing what they have posted, only your use of their exact words.

I can't wait for the next time someone copies and pastes something from The Times, Broadcast or other paywalled media outlet into PC and they have to delete it and ban the user, even if the content is interesting and relevant, just to avoid claims of hypocrisy.

If this story had been broken in a Broadcast exclusive, I have zero doubt that the relevant bits would have been copied and pasted into both fora.
bilky asko

This is the thing - it's a discussion forum. What the site has to offer is a place for people to discuss, with each member contributing their part to that offer. Copying the new ITV1 logo (copyright ITV) and sharing what largely amounts to information from ITV (or whoever else may be involved with this rebrand) is something that is entirely understandable.
Philip

Can people stop baiting “BBCMeridian” please - I know exactly who he is, he takes up complete opposite opinions just for the sheer hell of it (I.e. SMTV was rubbish and Ortis era L&K was better)
Blewatter

To quote the Women Spice: 2 become 1.

In what has admittedly been something I thought would eventually happen, the closure of TVTF leaves Pres Cafe as the sole successor, following the exodus from the purple place. I think it probably comes as no surprise that one of the websites would merge into the other in the long term. You can't really split the community for that long without it becoming inevitable. As much as I am sad for the closure of TVTF, I am happy that there is one forum now, and that Pres Cafe is that forum.

What I do want to see happen with Pres Cafe is for it to be a bit more fun. TVTF was fun to surf, moreso than PC is. The Mods there made a very welcoming and fun community. I do believe that PC should make some alterations to the structure of the forum. A less formal approach to modding would be ideal.
Shiruba98

Well, I'm not allowed to make posts and send PMs on Pres Café anymore.
I think the mods suspended my account all cos I kept asking them what is taking them long to approve a post...
Seriously, they need to relax this rule or something.
Charlie Wells

Shiruba98 wrote: Sun 30 Oct, 2022 18.26 Well, I'm not allowed to make posts and send PMs on Pres Café anymore.
I think the mods suspended my account all cos I kept asking them what is taking them long to approve a post...
Relax the rule about users not using the PM system to pester mods? Because moderators and admins *really* like those sorts of users. I can imagine the sort of first impression it probably gave them.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Matrix

Shiruba98 wrote: Sun 30 Oct, 2022 18.26 Well, I'm not allowed to make posts and send PMs on Pres Café anymore.
Case in point why they shouldn’t relax the rule…

For what it’s worth, Pres Café feels a more coherent forum. I only glanced Talk and it just ~felt~ rather more junior.
Shiruba98

Matrix wrote: Sun 30 Oct, 2022 22.07
Case in point why they shouldn’t relax the rule…

For what it’s worth, Pres Café feels a more coherent forum. I only glanced Talk and it just ~felt~ rather more junior.
I do wish they could let me post again. But the damage has been done.
I do want to apologise to the mods for my actions but I doubt they'll want anything from me.

EDIT: And I've been banned... Are the mods really that brutal to others?
Callum Precious better not be one of the mods...
rob

Don't get why some members appear to be OBSESSED with having a Gallery forum.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
bilky asko

I can understand it - TV Forum had one for many years, your forum had one, and TV Talk Forum made a point of difference in having one.

The TV presentation community has plenty of people who get excited or obsessed with it. People pretend to be insiders, people get annoyed at minutiae, people get annoyed at mocks being presented as real.

When the entire community originally from TV Forum is now in the charge of a person or people who have different opinions on what they want to play host to, then you're going to get some of those people who will complain, especially as some of them will have joined largely just to post mocks.
bilky asko

That's clearly the prerogative of the forum owner(s) to include or exclude. But it should hardly be a surprise that some people do have a very strong affinity towards it.

(Apologies for the double post, I got a 500 error whilst trying to do this as one post for some reason).