Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

PresIdents

Getting lots of "putting 'productions' or 'entertainment' in my YouTube channel name to look like one of the big boys" vibes from this, to be honest. As much as I respect the work of the people running Pres Cafe, expecting nobody to take that information elsewhere borders on delusional (doesn't really help either that people are now apparently being banned in retaliation - are they expected to just keep schtum?). If you're that desperate to take credit for the scoop, just write a Clean Feed article about it. At least you can be cited for that.
JetixFann450

[delete]
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
JAS84

JetixFann450 wrote: Tue 04 Oct, 2022 22.47 Odd to ban me from Pres Cafe when... I had nothing to do with the whole "leaking the information regarding the new branding of channel 3". (Allanbuzzy). This is coming from a moderator of TV Talk Forum, the forum of which leaked that specific image.

Am I just not allowed to use the other forum then? Seems absolutely petty to ban literally everyone associated with that forum, when it should primarily be that one poster who leaked the info. When Nancer posted the tweet, he at least pointed people over to Pres Cafe, rather than posting the images and info regarding it. Why the hell should I be banned for someone else's mistake?
Yeah, this is one person's fault - Peter. He's the one who pasted the content from Pres Cafe over to TV Talk Forum. Nobody else deserves a ban over this - and now they're refusing to share any more info.
lepeterrr

As I've said privately aswell,
I accept the way I said the info in TVTF was wrong and I apologise for that. But I can't help believe the reaction from PC is a bit OTT, Instead of banning everyone they could have simply got in touch with me, had a conversation then I would've altered/deleted my post.

But I also don't appreciate a few of the abusive messages I've received already. It's unnecessary and uncalled for.
Come and join me over on Media Talk, launching 22nd December.
Now open for pre-registration.
https://www.mediatalkforum.com/
Knight in West

Re the whole ITV1 saga - I think shows how underadvantaged TVTF inherently is, compared to Pres Cafe/Clean Feed's industry ties. So, in that sense, I feel for them.

But, I don't think Ctrl + C the entire info is a good idea - plagiarism and whatnot. It should be like "for context" purposes, but not completely ripping off from there for discussions.

On the other hand, I don't think what happened with Allan is a good way out in dealing with the problem. IIRC the purple place had a "3 strikes and out" moderation policy to follow, but I didn't recall PC having a similar set of clear instructions for that?

The entire "exclusive" thing feels like they're pushing PC to everyone really hard (and rightfully so, considering the effort they need to moderate it). In situations like this, I concur with others - a separate Clean Feed article (paywall or not) is better for others to cite and follow (than scrolling down a dozen or more of thread posts).

Hope this won't get me banned on anywhere else...

Ps I can't seem to find the PC statement on not updating the refresh anywhere - maybe they've back down a bit too?
Knight in West - W. Knight on Pres Café
dosxuk

rob wrote: Tue 04 Oct, 2022 07.10
dosxuk wrote: Mon 03 Oct, 2022 14.25 Has something kicked off on pres cafe? Or are they just trying to drive more people to sign up?
Nothing's kicked off.
Spoke too soon! 😆
Charlie Wells

PresIdents wrote: Tue 04 Oct, 2022 23.20 As much as I respect the work of the people running Pres Cafe, expecting nobody to take that information elsewhere borders on delusional (doesn't really help either that people are now apparently being banned in retaliation - are they expected to just keep schtum?). If you're that desperate to take credit for the scoop, just write a Clean Feed article about it. At least you can be cited for that.
I'm inclined to think they were rather naive in thinking posting an exclusive on the forum and expecting it to remain only on the forum. If it hadn't appeared on TVTalkForum it's quite possible it would have appeared on DS forums. Alternatively, it might have appeared on a tabloid website such as The Sun, where they'd probably be referred to as "industry insiders" posted "on a message board" and not get an actual name check/credit.

I think banning people for copying and pasting on other websites instead of linking to it seems a bit of a toys out of the pram overreaction. I can't help wondering if requiring logging in to view replies was done partly because of the plan to announce the exclusive in a reply, as one of CleanFeed's tweets linked to the specific post within the thread. Maybe they'd be better off learning from this, and instead for future big exclusives publish an article on Clean Feed, or at least make it easier for users to link to the news without needing to log in.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
bilky asko

Surely there was a better solution to the problem that what seems to be a moratorium of discussion on one forum until the "period of exclusivity" ends. I didn't see the original way this was shared on TV Talk Forum, but effectively banning discussion of the news for a period of time doesn't strike me as the best way forward.
barcode

Ive spotted what cause all this straight away, Maybe the response was OTT maybe this could have been handle better but the fact still stands....

A moderator, AN actual moderator , of A rival forum within MINS of content being postage on a different forum just copied and pasted stuff to their forum ( if it was the next day and by a member then It may will not have been so bad) . That shabby as hell, If that is the level a forum team would go to, to try and get more views and follows ie just nicking content from there rival.. then it just make it clear to everyone talk have NOTHING to offer people.

I truly believed the forum are different in there offerings, I don't think Talk cares that much about pres.
Joe

This is all VERY dramatic.
WillPS

I see the practice of webmasters attempting to police behaviour beyond the boundaries of their own website continues.