Pres Cafe Watch News and Information Board

Monolithic

bilky asko wrote: Mon 22 Aug, 2022 21.46
Monolithic wrote: Mon 22 Aug, 2022 19.13 I have managed two posts before some smug git jumped down my throat. Oh well it was worth a try, I will leave them to it. They seem to think they have absolute authority on all matters relating to certain subjects and everyone agrees with them. Do me a favour.....
You made a post, someone disagreed with it. If you think they're wrong, reply and explain why. That's how discussion forums work.
I know how forums work. I want civil discussion, so far one person has told me I was talking nonsense and another that I misunderstood, but neither have explained why really. It's ok for me to be wrong, but that is not what the issue is. The issue is that they are not open to alternative views and have no interest in hearing them. This will destroy the forum as it destroyed the last two unless admins crack down on such users who are so easy to stifle debate. But I feel that will not happen. None of these people are on the pulse, 80% of the time they are caught off guard when things occur. Why waste the energy.

I just posted a few posts because I wanted to test the waters, clearly nought has changed. A lot of people are staying away, for those that remain I'd ask yourself why that is. Or why we cannot just be civil. But as I say I will leave them to it. I think it's time to focus on debates in real life.
Solari

Well no one can accuse the new forum of a weak start... less than a month in and already someone has flounced off the forum.
dosxuk

Clear difference between the fora today, both in terms of number of messages and the tone of content within them.
JAS84

Yeah - Pres Cafe has 12 pages of discussion about the Queen, TV Talk Forum only has five. It's clear which of the two is more successful. Pres Cafe looks like it's going to win out as the successor to TV Live Forum. As for TV Ark Forum? Not a single post at all in September.
Blewatter

I didn't want to say it, but I guess you already have. This is going to be the biggest thing that both forums have covered, and probably ever will
Rexogamer

I'd also say that, at least on Pres Café, everyone seems pretty well behaved - I've only seen a post or two that could really be deemed objectionable under these circumstances
WillPS

Blewatter wrote: Thu 08 Sep, 2022 18.55 I didn't want to say it, but I guess you already have. This is going to be the biggest thing that both forums have covered, and probably ever will
In the context of a TV presentation forum, I think a presentation change on BBC One, Two, ITV or C4 is a bigger deal.
Monolithic

Both forums can exist, I wouldn't say either has failed. It's probably better people interact with people they get on with more. Having one place makes that harder. There seems to be good discussions going on in both spaces. Pres TV is much more similar to the old TV forum in terms of members. But to have an alternative is wise.
Blewatter

WillPS wrote: Fri 09 Sep, 2022 13.58
Blewatter wrote: Thu 08 Sep, 2022 18.55 I didn't want to say it, but I guess you already have. This is going to be the biggest thing that both forums have covered, and probably ever will
In the context of a TV presentation forum, I think a presentation change on BBC One, Two, ITV or C4 is a bigger deal.
In that context, yes, but I am talking about the historical side. In terms of the presentation of, and the coverage of the event, this really is bigger than a channel's presentation. Its an audiovisual primary source for tomorrow to use when looking back at all this. That is what I mean.
james2001

I presume TWO Ident on Pres Cafe and Duncan J on DS are the same person, both are irate about Channels 4 and 5 not showing the queen's funeral. As if it's not on enough channels already.
JAS84

Yeah, ITV and Sky have gone overboard, showing it on every channel they own. And of course it'll be on BBC One as well - which will honestly scoop up most of the audience - it doesn't make sense for the digital channels to be airing it, they might as well show blank screens! Channels 4 and 5 are right to provide an alternative.