Yet another Morrisons thread

Pete

Preston Grange / Tynemouth has this too. It does appear quite magnificent although I've not had a chance to try it out properly (I did have an all day breakfast and their fried bread was elite). It also has a Party Shop.

The smaller ex-Safeway at Whitley Bay obviously retains standard market street within the old Safeway deli bays. This is only really possible in full scale stores not conversions.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

woah wrote: Wed 06 Apr, 2022 08.38 It's not a brand new concept - there is also one in Manchester near Piccadilly Square and I know of at least one other in London, at Wood Green in Haringey.
I used to live in Wood Green and the Morrisons was such a grim shopping experience that I'd frequently abandon my basket and go down the road to Sainsbury's instead. Strange to think it's gone so far up in the world.
Beep

woah wrote: Wed 06 Apr, 2022 08.38 It's not a brand new concept - there is also one in Manchester near Piccadilly Square and I know of at least one other in London, at Wood Green in Haringey.

It does look great, but I can't see it being rolled out anywhere except busy urban areas where there is enough footfall to keep it busy - especially at lunchtime.
There's one in Canning Town too which I had the experience of using one weekend when working away from where I normally do about 6 months back.

The pizza was okay I thought, nothing special.
Zimba

Just came back from Morrison's before by god are the stores in a shocking state lately as if maintenance just isn't happening and it's not just one store either, they're all as bad as each other locally ie. Buckets in the aisles collecting water from leaking roofs, whole aisles of fridges broken (not uncommon either) and if they're not broken they're leaking everywhere, lack of staff especially on Fish / Butchers which are opposite sides of the shop... I could go on.

Was curious is this just a North East thing or is it nationwide? It's really gone down the pan lately up here and it's even refurbished stores like Tynemouth and newish stores like Blaydon, not just the older neglected stores.
all new Phil

Can’t say I’ve noticed it myself. I have 2 locally that both seem as normal.
WillPS

The few I've been in recently have been fine. The one I go in most frequently had a major refit only last Autumn tho.
gottago

Zimba wrote: Fri 09 Sep, 2022 20.17 Just came back from Morrison's before by god are the stores in a shocking state lately as if maintenance just isn't happening and it's not just one store either, they're all as bad as each other locally ie. Buckets in the aisles collecting water from leaking roofs, whole aisles of fridges broken (not uncommon either) and if they're not broken they're leaking everywhere, lack of staff especially on Fish / Butchers which are opposite sides of the shop... I could go on.
The Waitrose by me has constantly had four leaking fridges over the last week to the point where they've got a member of staff permanently stationed next to each of them constantly mopping. Makes the whole store look totally miserable. I wonder if there's a nationwide shortage of spare parts or something?
all new Phil

Maybe “because the Queen’s just died” is the new “because of covid” excuse.
Zimba

gottago wrote: Sun 11 Sep, 2022 11.55
Zimba wrote: Fri 09 Sep, 2022 20.17 Just came back from Morrison's before by god are the stores in a shocking state lately as if maintenance just isn't happening and it's not just one store either, they're all as bad as each other locally ie. Buckets in the aisles collecting water from leaking roofs, whole aisles of fridges broken (not uncommon either) and if they're not broken they're leaking everywhere, lack of staff especially on Fish / Butchers which are opposite sides of the shop... I could go on.
The Waitrose by me has constantly had four leaking fridges over the last week to the point where they've got a member of staff permanently stationed next to each of them constantly mopping. Makes the whole store look totally miserable. I wonder if there's a nationwide shortage of spare parts or something?
Aye possibly a good shout. Our local Morrison's just have them lined up with those blue / grey tube rolls. Whoever makes them must be a making a fortune from them as they're just all over at some.

Jarrow which I was in the other day was particular bad which made me post this - https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... ip6BAhiEAM, that's the state of the freezers seems someone else wasn't happy either and they're still like that weeks later. Not to mention the Deli fridge (it's randomly at the front of the shop) and whole the ready meal freezer aisle was off.

Not a great shopping experience and it seems people aren't going either considering the ASDA I went to after to pick up the pieces had more people wandering around the non food area than the whole of Morrison's store (which was extremely quiet). Shame, as the staff are generally friendly in there, especially on the counters.
bilky asko

There's been a big change up my end - the belted self-service checkouts have been replaced with a slightly larger area of standard trolley-style self-service checkouts.

However, the checkout is a new style:

The note acceptor can take multiple notes at once, and the coin acceptor is a proper chute. The bagging area is a plasticky tray, which I've never seen before.

Has anyone else experienced these particular units?
WillPS

I feel like I've seen them at Asda, but I can't be sure. I interface so rarely with the section below the scale nowadays, in fact only really when I have a physical coupon to tender. They certainly have the long rigid tray on their trolley self scans.

Talking of coupons, I note there's no Catalina printer attached. Are Morrisons doing away with them?