TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

Can’t say I’m massively interested in it but it’s a valid discussion surely given budget issues facing the BBC? Agree it’s repetitive but, I dunno, just avoid it?
barcode

I have to say it becoming rather disconcerting in that "BBC 4 could axe" thread about the continual back tracking to CBBC and Cbbiees merger. Either certain members are so idiotic that there blinded by simple facts or there just so Snotty.

Why need them if you have internet.... WHAT ABOUT THOSE THAT DON'T?

Child poverty is sky rocketing, young families can even heat homes yet there going to have money spare for internet? Or if they do, I doubt they will have enough data to get episode of Hey duggie, before wiping out their months uses.

I did raise this same point, with the closure of BBC3.

People really need to get there heads out of there backsides. liner channels have an extremely important part to play for the BBC for many many years to come. Sky don't care about cutting back on channels because if people can afford SKY tv they will be able to afford via another means ie web or beaned right in to there heads.
WillPS

barcode wrote: Thu 31 Mar, 2022 08.52 I have to say it becoming rather disconcerting in that "BBC 4 could axe" thread about the continual back tracking to CBBC and Cbbiees merger. Either certain members are so idiotic that there blinded by simple facts or there just so Snotty.

Child poverty is sky rocketing, young families can even heat homes yet there going to have money spare for internet? Or if they do, I doubt they will have enough data to get episode of Hey duggie, before wiping out their months uses.

People really need to get there heads out of there backsides. liner channels have an extremely important part to play for the BBC for many many years to come. Sky don't care about cutting back on channels because if people can afford SKY tv they will be able to afford via another means ie web or beaned right in to there heads.
This doesn't feel like an argument for Metropol, but for those in receipt of Universal Credit BT offer a package with 35Mbps broadband for £15/month including 600 mins worth of calls. That's £1.75/month more than the license fee.

Surely, if cost cutting is your aim, losing access to linear TV and the BBC is lower hanging fruit than losing your ability to communicate with the outside world without leaving your home.
barcode

WillPS wrote: Thu 31 Mar, 2022 21.22
barcode wrote: Thu 31 Mar, 2022 08.52 I have to say it becoming rather disconcerting in that "BBC 4 could axe" thread about the continual back tracking to CBBC and Cbbiees merger. Either certain members are so idiotic that there blinded by simple facts or there just so Snotty.

This doesn't feel like an argument for Metropol, but for those in receipt of Universal Credit BT offer a package with 35Mbps broadband for £15/month including 600 mins worth of calls. That's £1.75/month more than the license fee.

Surely, if cost cutting is your aim, losing access to linear TV and the BBC is lower hanging fruit than losing your ability to communicate with the outside world without leaving your home.
Your right, this isn't the place, but that deal only possible if you already had a PC, that luxury many can not afford. Many also can't afford the TV licences. I know of schools that have had to bend over backwards to help number of pupils because there have no access to paperless operations.

This is why we need BBC and ITV in there current forms
bilky asko

barcode wrote: Thu 31 Mar, 2022 22.32

Your right, this isn't the place, but that deal only possible if you already had a PC, that luxury many can not afford. Many also can't afford the TV licences. I know of schools that have had to bend over backwards to help number of pupils because there have no access to paperless operations.

You do realise it's no longer the year 2006 and a personal computer is no longer required to access the internet?
barcode

bilky asko wrote: Thu 31 Mar, 2022 22.44

You do realise it's no longer the year 2006 and a personal computer is no longer required to access the internet?
Like Tablets, laptop, pads.. AGAIN these people need to buy them or already have them.
Joe

The discussion over the past few posts has not been meta enough for my liking. TV Live Forum is over there.
Alan de Robson

bilky asko wrote: Thu 31 Mar, 2022 22.44 You do realise it's no longer the year 2006 and a personal computer is no longer required to access the internet?
They have the internet on computers now?
WillPS

So is a TV.
thegeek

I'm not sure why I'm subjecting myself to the BBC One thread. Some people like it! Some people hate it!
Joe

Is there anything Brekkie likes?