The Unofficial Sainsbury's Thread

scottishtv

GeekyJames wrote: Tue 01 Mar, 2022 22.20 Sainsbury's are closing the majority of their Cafe's - some to be run by external companies such as Carluccio's or Starbucks. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60574697
I noticed there's a new range of Carluccio's pizzas and expensive ready meals in the chilled aisle at a larger store near me. Wonder if there's a wider tie-up, or just a coincidence.
Jacket

Just did a shop using a 5x points in-app offer (the second one I've used in three weeks), and was presented with a paper coupon for another 5x points on next shop (but with a higher threshold). Very odd to be doing pretty much the same promotion on paper and in-app.

I also had a few products that had both My Nectar Prices and bonus points, and some that got me two different bonus points offers in one. (One pack of ripen at home avocados got me both 60 points for that specific product and 60 points for "fresh avocados".)

Also got a "thanks a bunch" and after reading about other people's, I was disappointed that it wasn't £3 off but 1000 bonus points on my next shop - until I realised that's equivalent to a fiver.

Hard to work out whether this points bonanza makes up for the removal of Nectar Double Up and the 25% off clothing they used to run a few times a year, but my 60 quid shop today got me 2105 points, which is worth more than a tenner.
Martin Phillp

Over Christmas, Sainsbury's gave me 2000 points purely for picking up four products which were free with money-off coupons, yet from October to early January, the points on the Nectar app were low.

Despite all the tweaks to the Nectar points promotions, it's still very easy to earn points from Sainsbury's, either via the Nectar app or paper coupons.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Sainsbury's appear to be across the board making space for new lines which has led to bare shelves and posters of Sainsbury's staff informing customers of why this is happening.

It's led to some lines currently not being available, especially in the standard supermarket stores including mine.
TVF's London Lite.
BBC TV Centre

Has anyone noticed a quiet withdrawal of Danish vanilla crowns as part of their bakery range?

It seems to be the same for Tesco too, has their manufacturer gone under?
m-in-m

BBC TV Centre wrote: Fri 18 Mar, 2022 22.26 Has anyone noticed a quiet withdrawal of Danish vanilla crowns as part of their bakery range?

It seems to be the same for Tesco too, has their manufacturer gone under?
I spotted this at the weekend and was very disappointed - was a favourite of mine.
Martin Phillp

I noticed they've quietly reintroduced the stock checker on the Sainsbury's website. The main difference is when you search for a product at a store, they show the product they don't sell as "Not Tracked" rather than excluding it.

The Nectar site has had issues all weekend where the screen goes blank on the homepage if you're signed in. The fault is on Chromium and Firefox browser engines.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

For those who use Nectar prices, it's getting frustrating that there are certain products where I use Smartshop, have to pay full price and then get refund vouchers instead of it being deducted straight away.

It only seems to happen on non-Sainsbury's branded products, such as Graham's Milk or Nestle water.

I've accumulated so many on the app that I forget to use them.
TVF's London Lite.
m-in-m

It is annoying that they don't automatically deduct the refunds off your next shop - they rely (cynically you might suggest) on you remembering you have one.
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 26 Jun, 2022 18.13 For those who use Nectar prices, it's getting frustrating that there are certain products where I use Smartshop, have to pay full price and then get refund vouchers instead of it being deducted straight away.
Personally I wouldn't buy the goods in that situation. There's no reason they can't just discount them instantly, like Tesco do if you use your Clubcard.
Martin Phillp

For those of us who use the Click and Collect tablets in smaller Sainsbury's stores and locals, the one in my supermarket keeps packing up, so I ended up queuing at the kiosk to ask for my Argos order to be told to go back to click and collect and wait for the staff member who deals with them to come and scan my barcode on the email.

I'm guessing my local store keeps getting the same tablet repaired and then of course it's still faulty, so it keeps playing up which leaves a huddle of customers waiting for packages.
TVF's London Lite.