TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

Cassia Tuna posting a "Wokeday" BBC One spoof without even stopping to think how offensive and belittling it is.

Then again, seeing as this is the same person who posted such delights as Tommy Cooper, Budd Dwyer and Ayrton Senna's deaths over on the blue place, a bit of racism, homophobia and transphobia is nothing.
all new Phil

james2001 wrote: Wed 02 Feb, 2022 23.33 Cassia Tuna posting a "Wokeday" BBC One spoof without even stopping to think how offensive and belittling it is.

Then again, seeing as this is the same person who posted such delights as Tommy Cooper, Budd Dwyer and Ayrton Senna's deaths over on the blue place, a bit of racism, homophobia and transphobia is nothing.
Struggling to find what you’re referring to here.
james2001

Was in the "Youtube gold" thread- Rob's deleted it and given Cassia a warning.

Not going to link to the video, it was offensive and the person who made it doesn't deserve the views. Made by someone who thinks people being offended by racism and transphobia is something to mock.
rob

james2001 wrote: Thu 03 Feb, 2022 12.23 Was in the "Youtube gold" thread- Rob's deleted it and given Cassia a warning.

Not going to link to the video, it was offensive and the person who made it doesn't deserve the views. Made by someone who thinks people being offended by racism and transphobia is something to mock.
Now banned permanently.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
james2001

I'm not sure if that last post warranted him getting banned, even though "let's laugh at this young newsreader" was mean spirited and uncalled for. I'm guessing he was already hanging by a thread and lucky not to have been banned after that video last night though.
Jamesypoo

Stanley Matravers always types so much but says so little.
Blewatter

I am glad that BBC Meridian has finally been given the consequences for his actions. I think their conduct has been absolutely abysmal towards other forum members, and towards people in the industry who are only doing their job. I think their example shows us the cross between the lines of critique, and downright vindictiveness.

Also, in regards to Cassia Tuna and the Wokeday BBC One video, I know the youtube user Victoria Lucas made it. He makes a lot of these sorts of things, and while I have chuckled at his Buggernation Street videos, his anti wokeness stuff is tiring at best, and horrible at worst.
james2001

That video definitely fell into the "horrible" category. Unless you think mockingly coming up with the idea of a TV show about cops who arrest people for misgendering others or MOTD featuring teams made entirely of black, gay or trans players is hilarious. And the less said about the political panel show (not to mention the name they came up with for it), the better. It felt like something straight out of the minds of Britain First or the EDL.
rob

james2001 wrote: Thu 03 Feb, 2022 14.58 I'm not sure if that last post warranted him getting banned, even though "let's laugh at this young newsreader" was mean spirited and uncalled for. I'm guessing he was already hanging by a thread and lucky not to have been banned after that video last night though.
I must say that I wasn't the one who deleted the video, but I looked back through the moderator log and saw what had happened, and decided to act upon it. It's not the first time I've had to advise that particular user, and I should have given him a ban for posting that video, rather than warn him. The newsreader video was the nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned.

I will happily admit that I'm a fan of the Buggernation Street videos though...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
james2001

I admit I'd find it hard to be a fan of his other videos knowing he's making content like the "wokeday" video and clearly has some quite unsavoury views. I have friends who have suffered both racist and transphobic abuse, so a video like that basically making light of it in a mocking way repulses me, and I can't really have much time for that sort of person even if they do make other entertaining content.
james2001

Mokked seems to have appeared out of nowhere and has decided to reply to virtually every thread going, regardless of whether they have anything to add. They've even made an unhelpful reply to a thread in the requests forum, basically saying "here's a link to the metropol upload service file list, what you're looking for may be in there" (even though it isn't, or I can't find it if it is). Clearly they've just posted to the thread that was at the top of every forum just for the sake of it.