TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Joe

Absolutely love this exchange.
KryptonITV wrote:
HarveyB wrote: This constant rotation [of presenters] was OK for only the first few weeks, but now, it looks very unprofessional. I'm now too ashamed to say I'm a GMB viewer.
I'm very ashamed to be a GMB viewer too because of the lack of consistency
Insanity.
Philip

Please don't respond to BBCMeridian - I am pretty sure he is a child who takes great satisfaction in being contrary to things most people dislike, both on the forum and YouTube (e.g. Live & Kicking 2000 revamp was better than SMTV, when I imagine he probably isn't old enough to have even seen either first time round, BBC Choice 2000 idents with the garish backgrounds)
GhostFromTVF

Philip wrote: Tue 01 Feb, 2022 17.50 Please don't respond to BBCMeridian - I am pretty sure he is a child who takes great satisfaction in being contrary to things most people dislike, both on the forum and YouTube (e.g. Live & Kicking 2000 revamp was better than SMTV, when I imagine he probably isn't old enough to have even seen either first time round, BBC Choice 2000 idents with the garish backgrounds)
Now he’s ruining the BBC Three thread, apparently we shouldn’t use younger announcers more relatable to the audience and just have the main announcers. He must be a troll as surely no one can be this ridiculously out of touch.
gottago

Philip wrote: Tue 01 Feb, 2022 17.50 Please don't respond to BBCMeridian - I am pretty sure he is a child who takes great satisfaction in being contrary to things most people dislike, both on the forum and YouTube (e.g. Live & Kicking 2000 revamp was better than SMTV, when I imagine he probably isn't old enough to have even seen either first time round, BBC Choice 2000 idents with the garish backgrounds)
Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of this. His previous posts have passed me by till this week when his baffling BBC3 and BBC cuts posts have sprung up. He really is an idiot.
james2001

Looks like you (thankfully) missed his rants on how CBBC and CBeebies should be merged.
gottago

james2001 wrote: Tue 01 Feb, 2022 19.38 Looks like you (thankfully) missed his rants on how CBBC and CBeebies should be merged.
Actually that was what I first noticed from him. Merge CBBC and CBeebies but crucially absolutely not BBC World News and the BBC News Channel.
james2001

Looks like he's been banned now.
Jonwo

BBCMeridian is annoying but I've seen slightly more outlandish suggestions including on the old place when someone once suggested merging Newsnight and BBC News at 10 and moving it to 9pm on BBC One which is never going to happen like ever!
Martin Phillp

james2001 wrote: Tue 01 Feb, 2022 20.25 Looks like he's been banned now.
Only for a week.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

gottago wrote: Tue 01 Feb, 2022 19.37
Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of this. His previous posts have passed me by till this week when his baffling BBC3 and BBC cuts posts have sprung up. He really is an idiot.
Yes, this is the lovely comment he made on a YouTube video of mine back in 2019 (it is the same person, he confirmed it when I asked him on the forum)

And there's this from a few days ago in reply to a comment I made on a YouTube video about these garish and cheaply edited BBC Choice idents

Clearly he gets his kicks from arguing the opposite of the majority-held opinion, on things he probably wasn't alive to see in the first place. Best ignored.
rob

I missed all of this as I've been at work this evening (just finding a spare 60 seconds to open the launch thread), but I've been given the general gist of what went on.

He's been banned for seven days. If he continues upon his return, then it will be a permanent ban.

EDIT: I've extended the ban to one month due to a previous warning being issued about their conduct a few weeks ago.

I actually have a day off tomorrow for the first time in 8 days, so will be able to monitor things a bit closer in that thread. I know I haven't been around much lately to monitor things, work has had to take priority recently.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am