TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

The Red Bee thread's getting a bit tedious now, various members declaring Channel 4 as incompetent, and other members posting the "latest updates" about an hour after they happen and when they've already been discussed for the last two pages...
JoshX

Could do with a drinking game. 1 shot for someone calling a channel incompetent, 2 for someone repeating something that's been said, 3 for every issue that happens!
james2001

I'm suprised This is UTV hasn't suggested Channel 4 getting Julian in for their continuinity announcer to fix the problems yet...

I think we should send him and Brekkie off to Channel 4's DR site seeing as they both act like they can run things better than Channel 4 can.
TIGHazard

james2001 wrote: Thu 30 Sep, 2021 22.19 I'm suprised This is UTV hasn't suggested Channel 4 getting Julian in for their continuinity announcer to fix the problems yet...

I think we should send him and Brekkie off to Channel 4's DR site seeing as they both act like they can run things better than Channel 4 can.
I'm guessing you missed this post?

https://www.tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 133#p44133
james2001

TIGHazard wrote: Fri 01 Oct, 2021 15.46 I'm guessing you missed this post?

https://www.tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 133#p44133
Seeing as that wasn't posted until 9 minutes after the post I made that you quoted. I'm not a time traveller.
AlfieMulcahy

Lately I've noticed posters going off on tangents (a way of someone going off topic to something that is not actually on topic) within their own posts or over-explaining a specific point (with excessive use of brackets, which are a punctuation tool commonly used in this launguage we use on the site) and adding nothing interesting to the conversation (which happens to be about services provided on television, which is widely accepted (by some at least) as the successor to radio programming which was begun by the BBC in the 1920s but does continue to be listened to by viewers each day).

It's so annoying to read and I'm sure I can't be the only one.
tillyoshea

AlfieMulcahy wrote: Sat 02 Oct, 2021 20.58It's so annoying to read and I'm sure I can't be the only one.
I hadn’t noticed that, but have been very mildly irritated by the ever-increasing tendency for people to ask themselves questions rather than just making statements.

Is it slightly annoying? Yes. Do I expect it to continue? Yes. Does it seriously affect how I feel about the forum? No.
madmusician

I always find it funny when TV(L)F online life coincides with real life. I work as a Cathedral Organist and my archdeacon has just retweeted Rob Francis (good tweet, Rob!). Almost as wild as when my bishop retweeted Lee Stanley. It made me smile, anyway.
rob

madmusician wrote: Sat 02 Oct, 2021 21.54 I always find it funny when TV(L)F online life coincides with real life. I work as a Cathedral Organist and my archdeacon has just retweeted Rob Francis (good tweet, Rob!).
I'm in a state of shock about that one! It had about a thousand likes at 5pm. Finished work at 10.30 and it had over 20K.

Absolutely unbeliveable...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Joe

This is proper barmy.
Lyric W. wrote: I had a dream the other night regarding the new look - specifically BBC News - and because I am the way that I am, I focused on the music.

It sounded like David Lowe was still at the helm - but if I remember correctly, the pips were removed?

There was a mnemonic, and it was integrated into the music - It was three tones, and it went up in notes, to use musical terms.

The countdown was the same way, with said mnemonic sprinkled around different points of the track.

I'm not experienced in making music, so I can't mock up what I heard in that dream - but if all this somehow matches what we'll eventually get - if we get new music at all - then I'll be surprised.
fusionlad

Joe wrote: Sun 03 Oct, 2021 23.08 This is proper barmy.
Lyric W. wrote: I had a dream the other night regarding the new look - specifically BBC News - and because I am the way that I am, I focused on the music.

It sounded like David Lowe was still at the helm - but if I remember correctly, the pips were removed?

There was a mnemonic, and it was integrated into the music - It was three tones, and it went up in notes, to use musical terms.

The countdown was the same way, with said mnemonic sprinkled around different points of the track.

I'm not experienced in making music, so I can't mock up what I heard in that dream - but if all this somehow matches what we'll eventually get - if we get new music at all - then I'll be surprised.
You beat me to it. Very very strange.