TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

rob

james2001 wrote: Fri 24 Sep, 2021 13.07 Can't believe Rob makes a post telling people not to belittle people, and the person who actually made the post that triggered Rob's warning gave it a kudos...
Said user has apologised to me privately.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Andrew

james2001 wrote: Fri 24 Sep, 2021 13.07 Can't believe Rob makes a post telling people not to belittle people, and the person who actually made the post that triggered Rob's warning gave it a kudos...
I've noticed stuff like that before, both on TVLF and TVF someone has been called out for talking rubbish, and then said person has 'liked' it.

Maybe the generation who have to thumbs up/like everything
Joe

I don't know why I expect anything else, but the BBC logo thread seems to be dominated by just a few posters asking silly/obvious questions that either can't be answered or don't need to be asked in the first place.
dosxuk

Joe wrote: Fri 24 Sep, 2021 15.26 I don't know why I expect anything else, but the BBC logo thread seems to be dominated by just a few posters asking silly/obvious questions that either can't be answered or don't need to be asked in the first place.
Don't forget the uninformed stating their ideas as if they're confirmed facts, there's plenty of that going on in there too.
Asa

It's certainly hard work visiting that thread, trying to glean any kind of new detail or decent opinion. Tends to be the same 'MyNameIsFlop92' type people feeling like need to constantly ask daft questions or chat. Then you've got the nonsense like the "how do you know this?" which is just pure laziness, as a cursory glance at a poster's posts would make it clear they're to be trusted. Thank god for the likes of Thistle and a few others.

It's almost an inevitability with a long running thread where there just isn't enough yet to talk about. That's what I liked about something like the BBC Two rebrand - we didn't even know it was planned until less than 48 hours before it went live! Just enough time for a bit of speculation but nothing too mind-numbing.
Joe

I would agree that the long running nature doesn’t help. I think there is plenty of interesting discussion to be had, but essentially trying work out the hue the new BBC One will use is not it.
Andrew

There is an awful lot of new members at the moment, obviously all joined ready for the BBC rebrand, and many are just posting for the sake of posting in a ‘are we nearly there yet’ inpatient way.

One of the blue tick members should post that the rebrand has been postponed to October 2022 just to see the reaction!
james2001

dosxuk wrote: Fri 24 Sep, 2021 15.45Don't forget the uninformed stating their ideas as if they're confirmed facts, there's plenty of that going on in there too.
That's been going on for years! In fact we've go to the point where some such things have become accepted as facts in some circles... most notably someone on the blue place several years back claiming the BBC's "Noddy" was actually called "NODD", which was supposedly an acronym- the claim is still there on some pages on TV Ark and it was on Wikipedia for a while. Completely false of course, it was never anything but "Noddy". The supposed acronym for "NODD" didn't even make sense.
rob

I'm hoping that the post David has made in the BBC logo thread will go some way as to stop the pointless posts.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Dr Lobster*

I follow a few unsolved crimes and if you think tvliveforum is bad, websleuths I can assure you hits heights of human stupidity and banality not even seen in the dark days of the rota, fantasy rota and fantasy schedule threads on tv forum.

In fact, on that forum I have even seen a poster claiming to be able to provide clues and information via a connection to the spirit world.

I suppose we should be thankful that ‘MyNameIsFlop92‘ or one of his mates hasn’t made a similar assertion of having an exclusive communication channel to Martin Lambie-Nairn in the afterlife providing them with visual apparitions of the new idents and then seeing the thread littered with sketches of said visions.
Philip

The perils of unfocused megathreads like this is that, without much else to talk about, what were initially joke posts end up being discussed seriously (i.e. what if they renamed Radio 1 and 2 to Sounds 1 and 2 because of the current aggressive marketing of the awfully named "BBC Sounds" app)