TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

MatthewOF wrote: Wed 14 Jul, 2021 08.55
wells wrote: Tue 13 Jul, 2021 21.57 The thing is the original thread had a bit of a purpose and was related to the news Eggheads had jumped ship to Channel 5 and it had kind of run its course as there is only finite amount of shows it applies to. Whereas the thread on TVLF seems to be just for the sake of it with the OP not even adding any new ideas the discussion.
The thread is relevant to the forum and doesn't break any rules so I can't see any reason for the mods to do anything, let it live and die naturally and if you don't like it ignore.
No one said anything about it breaking any rules or needing the mods to do anything, we’re just pointing out it’s really fucking boring.
GhostFromTVF

I recently received a very detailed PM from Akinbola about a Man O Man revival involving nappies…

(it wasn’t on the other place though)
Alan de Robson

allwillbewell wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 23.45
Cando wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 13.42 Genuinely funny about how casual racist you can be and "Rob" will ignore but call it out... banned.

Tv forum come back please
What’s the content of the post in question?

To add Brekkie and co trying to turn the forum into a domestic violence refuge must be one of the top highlights so far. I understand it’s real and serious issue, but a tv forum isn’t the place. Reeks of virtual signalling.
allwillbewell, would you mind posting a link to that, please?

It must have passed me by.

There is a tendency on TVLF (and TVF before it) before it to grandstand one's social virtues loudly to a collection of around 750 ident-loving geeks (like me) even though:

a) it's not wanted,
b) it's not been asked for, and
c) the place is full of good people so they're probs preaching to the choir anyway.
allwillbewell

Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 15 Jul, 2021 10.47
allwillbewell wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 23.45
Cando wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 13.42 Genuinely funny about how casual racist you can be and "Rob" will ignore but call it out... banned.

Tv forum come back please
What’s the content of the post in question?

To add Brekkie and co trying to turn the forum into a domestic violence refuge must be one of the top highlights so far. I understand it’s real and serious issue, but a tv forum isn’t the place. Reeks of virtual signalling.
allwillbewell, would you mind posting a link to that, please?

It must have passed me by.

There is a tendency on TVLF (and TVF before it) before it to grandstand one's social virtues loudly to a collection of around 750 ident-loving geeks (like me) even though:

a) it's not wanted,
b) it's not been asked for, and
c) the place is full of good people so they're probs preaching to the choir anyway.
It was here: https://www.tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.p ... start=1080

But the tweet and some of the posts have been removed.

TVF was terrible for such things, but so is the industry so it was no surprise. The new place has so far been a lot better. Certain members keep trying.

BTW James your signature might not go down well.
All views are my own
Philheybrookbay

I really don't envy any of the Mods at the moment Rob especially. The GB news thread is a nightmare having just read through it.

I thought the news on zero viewers would be top billing reference the poor presentation but sadly its not.
allwillbewell

It is difficult because the channel is so surrounded by politics, the act of the presenter the other night deserves to be discussed.

The zero views was discussed.
All views are my own
Laura-1

The GB News thread is amusing,

The other night GB News had a guy on who was smoking live in his living room and the studios look like converted lofts, some of the wording used by the presenters is a bit erm... chavvy / Tommy Robinson style.

While I agree with the idea of the channel, I expected it to come across as a little more professional, where as other channels interview people from off the street, most of the presenters on this channel use language that suggests they've just been pulled in off the street.

I heard that they were planning on upgrading the camera quality etc but I would have thought a channel made up of people in front and behind the scenes who have experience working at other news stations would have been able to buy the correct equipment in the first place.

I won't be tuning in again until at least Christmas, hopefully by then the channel will resemble a news channel rather than coming across like the Arsenal Fan TV youtube channel.
Andrew

Philheybrookbay wrote: Fri 16 Jul, 2021 15.21 I really don't envy any of the Mods at the moment Rob especially. The GB news thread is a nightmare having just read through it.

I thought the news on zero viewers would be top billing reference the poor presentation but sadly its not.
I don’t think anyone who posts regularly in that thread comes out of it looking good

Even those posters who you might agree with come across quite sanctimonious and smug

It’s funny when there is a fiery culture war raging in the thread and then half way through a non regular will suggest some minor pres change they could implement as if most people in that thread are interested in the presentation of the channel.
Pete

As I said this morning... this is the TVLF Watch thread, not the JM Watch thread. Hence why I've just binned four pages of boring twaddle.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
all new Phil

Pete wrote: Sun 18 Jul, 2021 14.20 As I said this morning... this is the TVLF Watch thread, not the JM Watch thread. Hence why I've just binned four pages of boring twaddle.
I think you’ll find the word is wibble.
Joe

The ‘how do I access the survey’ chat in the BBC logo thread is really interesting to read.