The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

Pete

I've managed to end up with a mountain of about 10 free coffee cards bc by the time you've reached the window of the drive thru they just shove the chip and pin machine at you and you're on your way. They don't ask for the voucher and I'll have forgotten to hand it over so I just get a free coffee.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
robschneider

Has anyone tried the "fake McDonalds" products from Aldi yet?

The only one in our Aldi on sale is the big mac. I'm waiting on the McNuggets and Hash Browns. If they can do microwave fries and curry sauce like Maccies though I'll I'll all over that.
Martin Phillp

robschneider wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 17.39 Has anyone tried the "fake McDonalds" products from Aldi yet?

The only one in our Aldi on sale is the big mac. I'm waiting on the McNuggets and Hash Browns. If they can do microwave fries and curry sauce like Maccies though I'll I'll all over that.
Iceland also have fake McDonalds products.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

robschneider wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 17.39 Has anyone tried the "fake McDonalds" products from Aldi yet?

No need for the McNuggets for me, my local frozen food store were selling McNuggets and Spicy McNuggets in the freezer and I've still got a couple of packs left.
WillPS

I went to Wendy's on opening day. 3 hour drive down, 2 hour wait outside.

It was a bloody good burger though, certainly leagues above McDonalds and BK, possibly at or above the level of Five Guys but obviously much better value.

Of course this is early days and the restaurant was clearly running with way more staff than they would usually, including loads from the states. The challenge is expanding at pace while maintaining standards.
Martin Phillp

WillPS wrote: Mon 07 Jun, 2021 23.52 I went to Wendy's on opening day. 3 hour drive down, 2 hour wait outside.

It was a bloody good burger though, certainly leagues above McDonalds and BK, possibly at or above the level of Five Guys but obviously much better value.
That's what I missed about going to Wendy's in the 90s. Their burgers which are priced more at the premium McD's end taste a lot more premium than their rivals at the time. As you say, it's Five Guys on a budget.
TVF's London Lite.
Whataday

Martin Phillp wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 18.02

Iceland also have fake McDonalds products.
It's the same range in both Iceland and Aldi, made by Snacksters.

JAS84

McDonald's has been hacked, cyber attackers got customers' personal details.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57447404
bilky asko

JAS84 wrote: Sat 12 Jun, 2021 16.35 McDonald's has been hacked, cyber attackers got customers' personal details.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57447404
Metropol's many South Korea and Taiwan-based members will be concerned at that news.
Martin Phillp

Wendy's 2nd restaurant has opened in East London at the Broadway Shopping centre in Stratford.

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/a-f ... 1630078908

The next three restaurants to open will be in Oxford, Croydon and Romford.
TVF's London Lite.
Jacket

Tried to order a hamburger at Burger King yesterday, only to be told they no longer have a Saver Menu because of Covid. "The only way to get a hamburger is to buy a kid's meal."

So... they have the burgers but selling one to me without fries and a Capri-Sun is somehow impossible. What a world!