TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

gottago

robschneider wrote:
The immigrants kept them in power. Invite 'em over, subsidise their lifestyle, who else are they going to vote for? Helped get Labour a third term in the short run (they must have expected a caning over Iraq) but in the long run I think the tide turned and it sowed the seeds of today's issues. I think in particular during the 2009 jobs crisis there was a feeling of "they took our jobs" - I'm not saying that happened, but perfectly well skilled people couldn't get arrested whilst immigrants seemed to be alright Jack. I genuinely think that came back to bite in 2016.
Total garbage, particularly the first bit suggesting it was simply immigrants voting Labour into power.

“They took our jobs” was a nonsense rhetoric pushed by the right wing press, it’s never been true and now we’re seeing a huge workers shortage across many low paid industries, largely thanks to Brexit.
Jamesypoo

allwillbewell wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 07.54
Jamesypoo wrote: Thu 03 Jun, 2021 23.38 On the forum front, I was pleased to see the announcement today of some changes Rob intends to make to the place. I was quite taken aback when he said in the BBC World thread “this is my forum, I have to read everyone’s posts”.

If it was a fairly small, quiet site then maybe yes. But on a forum with almost 1,000 users and over 16,000 posts already that just can’t be sustainable long term. I think I’d need a mod team just to keep track of Brekkie and JM’s level of posting let alone everyone else’s too.
I thought there was a mod team? I saw a couple of mods.
There is but except David you barely seem to see anything of the others and it's very much been Rob's thing, that's my point.
Pete

robschneider wrote: Thu 03 Jun, 2021 15.51 Brekkie is one of these people who is so entrenched in his outlook that he believes his side's own spin and hype. For example, the way extreme Europhiles have fudged the figures to suggest 63% voted Remain by counting people who didn't vote and assuming they would vote that particular way.
you probably could have stopped there and this would have been a reasonable throwaway remark
The pushing for a second referendum, people's vote, confirmatory vote, oh that was just a test we shouldn't act on it, it's all bollocks. You can't just re-run the match until your side gets the result it wants.

He's the typical post-2015 Labour voter. The working class have been abandoned by the party set up to serve them, and are now instead courting middle-class graduates in the London boroughs (see also: Khan re-elected despite an appalling record on knife crime, grooming gangs, sexual assault etc.) - problem is they don't realise why the working class have switched sides; a lot of what you might loosely call "working class" are a) white, b) male and c) Leavers. Today's Labour Party just can't reconcile with that fact.
however you kept going and I now suspect you are Brekkie and I claim my £5.

if we want to have scintillating chats about Labour and The Red Wall and all that pish please start a new thread and don't de-rail this dedicated TV Live Forum Watch thread.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
allwillbewell

Jamesypoo wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 09.51
allwillbewell wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 07.54
Jamesypoo wrote: Thu 03 Jun, 2021 23.38 On the forum front, I was pleased to see the announcement today of some changes Rob intends to make to the place. I was quite taken aback when he said in the BBC World thread “this is my forum, I have to read everyone’s posts”.

If it was a fairly small, quiet site then maybe yes. But on a forum with almost 1,000 users and over 16,000 posts already that just can’t be sustainable long term. I think I’d need a mod team just to keep track of Brekkie and JM’s level of posting let alone everyone else’s too.
I thought there was a mod team? I saw a couple of mods.
There is but except David you barely seem to see anything of the others and it's very much been Rob's thing, that's my point.
I think as the site ages it might become easier to hand out control to others. I am sure there are plenty that would be happy to moderate the site on here! But you'd have to know someone to give out the control and trust them.
All views are my own
DTV

gottago wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 09.22
robschneider wrote:
The immigrants kept them in power. Invite 'em over, subsidise their lifestyle, who else are they going to vote for? Helped get Labour a third term in the short run (they must have expected a caning over Iraq) but in the long run I think the tide turned and it sowed the seeds of today's issues. I think in particular during the 2009 jobs crisis there was a feeling of "they took our jobs" - I'm not saying that happened, but perfectly well skilled people couldn't get arrested whilst immigrants seemed to be alright Jack. I genuinely think that came back to bite in 2016.
Total garbage, particularly the first bit suggesting it was simply immigrants voting Labour into power.

“They took our jobs” was a nonsense rhetoric pushed by the right wing press, it’s never been true and now we’re seeing a huge workers shortage across many low paid industries, largely thanks to Brexit.
Also you'd think that, if Labour were trying to effectively rig elections by helping pliant migrants settle in Britain (a conspiracy theory that seems to have been imported from the GOP), they'd do a much better job of it - such as getting them to live in marginal constituencies rather than having them largely settle in seats which already had significant Labour majorities. But I suppose it is rather fruitless to try and apply logic or facts to nonsense.
robschneider

When something is your baby it can be very hard to let go of control and delegate. Instinctively you want to do everything yourself and it gets to a stage where that's just not healthy.
Martin Phillp

DTV wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 11.59
robschneider wrote:

Also you'd think that, if Labour were trying to effectively rig elections by helping pliant migrants settle in Britain (a conspiracy theory that seems to have been imported from the GOP), they'd do a much better job of it - such as getting them to live in marginal constituencies rather than having them largely settle in seats which already had significant Labour majorities. But I suppose it is rather fruitless to try and apply logic or facts to nonsense.
Indeed, classic disinformation which a lot of those people believe is true when there are other issues at play.
TVF's London Lite.
benriggers

Something I do like about TVLF, is the Friends/Foes lists. Really useful is someone is getting on your nerves (Foes), then you don't see their posts. Simple.
Philip

benriggers wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 22.54 Something I do like about TVLF, is the Friends/Foes lists. Really useful is someone is getting on your nerves (Foes), then you don't see their posts. Simple.
Not when the user is constantly being quoted by other users though.
rob

Philip wrote: Sat 05 Jun, 2021 01.26
benriggers wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 22.54 Something I do like about TVLF, is the Friends/Foes lists. Really useful is someone is getting on your nerves (Foes), then you don't see their posts. Simple.
Not when the user is constantly being quoted by other users though.
I'm looking into fixing that as part of "Forum 2.0"... :)
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
iSon

DTV wrote: Fri 04 Jun, 2021 11.59
robschneider wrote:

As Pete has already mentioned, let’s keep this a safe place to discuss TV Live Forum and continue the political chatter in a new thread.
Good Lord!