The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

Martin Phillp

robschneider wrote: Fri 14 May, 2021 05.37 We had a Maccies that closed in the late 2000s, but it never moved on from the 1980s look - all that plastic bench seating with those PVC back cushions stayed with it the whole time. Conversely, a Maccies a couple of miles away which opened in the late 90s went through at least two refurbs in the first 10 years it was open.
The nearest to me was like that, never had a refurb, so still has the 90s look until it closed and was replaced by a gym!
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

My first trip to McDonalds to eat in this weekend since the pandemic started. First of all they asked me to scan the QR code to bring up the Test & Trace form on the McDonalds app which didn't display on my phone, after a couple of attempts, they finally got a staff member to fill it in using a tablet. (Staff were also chasing up customers eating in who didn't fill in Test & Trace using tablets).

It was also the first time I used the McDonalds app to order table service instead of the touch screen tills. I found it easier to order on my phone to access the different sections of the menu and 5 mins later after selecting the number on the table rather than the three digital number you normally use for table service, the food arrived.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

A look inside the new Wendy's in Reading which opened today.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/inside-u ... 1-24224524
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

Is there much nostalgia for the old Wendy’s UK restaurants? Even through watching a lot of American TV I don’t think I’ve ever heard it referenced more than once or twice. It’s such a crowded market that I can’t imagine it being a huge success - but apparently they’re already planning on 400 locations.
gottago

Philip wrote: Wed 02 Jun, 2021 13.18 Is there much nostalgia for the old Wendy’s UK restaurants? Even through watching a lot of American TV I don’t think I’ve ever heard it referenced more than once or twice. It’s such a crowded market that I can’t imagine it being a huge success - but apparently they’re already planning on 400 locations.
Maybe not much nostalgia but given how well Shake Shack and Five Guys have done here with even less brand awareness (or at least I hadn’t heard of them before they’d launched) I can only assume they’re hoping people will come to it like they have with those.
Martin Phillp

gottago wrote: Wed 02 Jun, 2021 21.15
Philip wrote: Wed 02 Jun, 2021 13.18 Is there much nostalgia for the old Wendy’s UK restaurants? Even through watching a lot of American TV I don’t think I’ve ever heard it referenced more than once or twice. It’s such a crowded market that I can’t imagine it being a huge success - but apparently they’re already planning on 400 locations.
Maybe not much nostalgia but given how well Shake Shack and Five Guys have done here with even less brand awareness (or at least I hadn’t heard of them before they’d launched) I can only assume they’re hoping people will come to it like they have with those.
I think those two brands helped to persuade Wendy's to return to the UK market as there's clearly a market for US style burgers at a reasonable cost compared to Five Guys for example.

I loved Wendy's when I was a kid and would always pop into the Croydon restaurant for a treat as the likes of McDonalds and BK couldn't compete on taste IMHO.
TVF's London Lite.
JoshX

McCafé loyalty stamps are to go digital-only from July according to my latest promotional email.
thegeek

I don't remember the last time I set foot in a Maccy D's, but I'm really tempted by one of these.
Martin Phillp

thegeek wrote: Thu 03 Jun, 2021 21.32 I don't remember the last time I set foot in a Maccy D's, but I'm really tempted by one of these.
I'm lovin' it.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

thegeek wrote: Thu 03 Jun, 2021 21.32 I don't remember the last time I set foot in a Maccy D's, but I'm really tempted by one of these.
Do you follow @cabel too?
thegeek

Philip wrote: Thu 03 Jun, 2021 23.32
Do you follow @cabel too?
Yes, long time Panic customer here.