TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jamesypoo

Can someone at NBH please sort that light out so harshy can sleep properly at night? I haven’t worried about him this much since BBC World and BBC News were the wrong way round.
all new Phil

Finding myself constantly getting logged out over there going from one page to another. I don’t really understand these things but is it the site or me?
Pete

all new Phil wrote: Sun 18 Apr, 2021 09.36 Finding myself constantly getting logged out over there going from one page to another. I don’t really understand these things but is it the site or me?
A few people have reported it. It's often due to a corrupted cookie as its happened on here before too. Try using it in an incognito window for a while, and clear all the cookies associated with the domain and any subdomains
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Critique

What's happened to Newsroom? I seem to remember he ended up warned and getting a ban on the old place because he'd gotten a bit tedious, and at the time I'm sure he made a bit of a fuss about it as he was a long standing member and didn't think he deserved that treatment.

He's now whinging over on the new place because of a decision to split the Prince Philip coverage across three threads rather than have it as one unwieldy monster. Sure, I can understand some people perhaps gently questioning the decision (which I think is a sound one) but his post is hugely melodramatic - '100% not a fan', 'absolutely ridiculous!' and 'you should never have done that'. Makes it (the thread splitting discussion, that is) sound like a hugely more important matter than it actually is, and his tone is pretty rude/demanding.
rob

He's been given a warning. I am not going to tolerate that kind of behaviour on the forum.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
allwillbewell

Threadgate!
All views are my own
allwillbewell

all new Phil wrote: Sun 18 Apr, 2021 09.36 Finding myself constantly getting logged out over there going from one page to another. I don’t really understand these things but is it the site or me?
This happened to me as well a few times. If you login the post you made is gone so I go back. Copy the text and then login and paste/post
All views are my own
Philip

Ooh, I’ve just been logged out for the first time. Hasn’t happened to me before, strange since it happens all the time on Metropol.
rob

Philip wrote: Wed 21 Apr, 2021 10.17 Ooh, I’ve just been logged out for the first time. Hasn’t happened to me before, strange since it happens all the time on Metropol.
I logged everyone out yesterday in an attempt to fix the cookie issue. Don't know if it's worked though....
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Alan de Robson

I love Rob's new site and I am very happy there.

But, of all things, I was hit by a wave of nostalgia yesterday for MP247's predecessor, the much-loved and much-missed Lounge at TVF.

The only online evidence I can find of its existence is this solitary snapshot on Archive.org.

Asa, if you're reading this, is there any chance of restoring the Lounge as an archive?

I know there's probably not and most of it was probably lost in the Great Forum Crash but it would be nice to read some of the inanely crazy threads again.
Philip

There used to be an archive of The Lounge on TVF, but it seems to have been removed.

Here's what it looked like on Neon: https://web.archive.org/web/20121001052 ... thelounge/