TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

rob

Alexia wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 21.11 I've just been DM'd asking for instructions on how to access the secret forum.
That action has probably broken the forum... it's been offline for a few hours now!
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
ohno544

Pete wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 14.24
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 13.49I am not going to argue with people, I have given my opinion.
You've posted 9 times on this message board, every single one of them has been deeply negative, and yet you blame everyone else for toxicity. No. Please stop posting for the time being. Thank you.
I think it’s a little unfair to state all my posts are “deeply negative”. I stated in my initial posts how I’d like to see the tv forum ban politics for the sake of the forum to save it. Before it’s closure was announced. I also mentioned how it is sad it has come to this and that the new forum should perhaps ban politics as well. I don’t deny I am glad it is being closed because I can remember what it used to be like and what it is now isn’t a very nice thing to experience. I have my views which people can disagree with. What my point was trying to raise was with the conduct of the site. Perhaps I came across as a bit horrible but I was a bit annoyed with the site and how I got treated. Also with a particular member I believed had a hand in my last active account being closed.

From my point of view I signed up as a teenager originally. I used the first account for about five years, went away as life took me and then came back to start posting again, but my original sign up email had gone. Such was the way of ISP emails back then so I could not remember the account password or reset it .So I signed up with another account and posted happily for another five years or so. At some point I requested that my forum account be deleted which the admin did. I can’t remember why but perhaps I had an argument with someone. It’s important to note I was not banned. This happened a long time ago.

Fast forward another few years and I ended up getting a job “in TV” so I thought I would sign up again. Which I did without issue, although I had to use a spare email as my apple mail one would not work. After a few months of posting I found I could not login, looking at old threads my account was gone. So I emailed the admin and asked why and what was happening. To me it seemed like an attempt to shut me up because certain members didn’t like my opinions and I stated this to the admin. It seemed a bit rude to be honest, to close an account without any explanation. I understand it’s a forum and admins are god, but the TVF as I knew it from the start would not have behaved in that way.

I did get a response from the admin who stated he believed I was a previously banned member, but was unable to state which member or why he believed this, I stated to him I did have other accounts as above, but had NEVER been banned. To this he offered to re-activate one of my old accounts. But at the same time seemed to be a bit skeptical about it. So I kindly refused and said I would just read the forum without posting. As I previously stated I believe a number or other members had convinced (at least at the time my account was deleted) the admin I was another actual person (not another account) who had been banned previously.

Fast forward another year to a month or so ago and I saw a few posts about on the buses master tapes and saw something being stated which wasn’t correct, so being this was something I had a bit of info about I wanted to advise them, hence I tried to sign up again. As I stated I have never been originally banned in the first place apart from a misunderstanding. I work in the industry hence it isn’t as simple as signing up using a real name as before and I have to be a bit careful.

So yes, I had a few accounts (as many others did judging by the responses on the final tv forum thread). A year ago one day I tried to login and the account was gone without any communication from the admin about why, so this obviously left me fairly negative about the place.

I did not blame “everyone”. I blamed a particular group of forum members. Who still appear to be active in the current final TVF thread. Sorry for the life story but I felt it was required to highlight how bad things had become. I have not been able to post in the forum for nearly a year! It is only after looking back at my old accounts I have been able to remember things.

Would this have been a pain for the admin having a user losing access to their email etc, yes, but that is what admins have to put up with. In my two or three communications with the admin over 17 or so years they have been very understanding and I never tried to say anything different. Obviously there were many other people contacting them so it was hard to tell who was who in the end. But this is my history with the TVF. I was stupid for having one account closed, opening another one etc over the course of all the years, but it’s a long time and you and your life and your interests/ routine change over that time. I am pretty much done with Internet forums these days as I just annoy people.

As I say I am sorry to see it close but at the same time glad because it had become a very suspicious and mistrusting place to me at least. If people want to believe me or not is up to them. It is just a forum, we are in lockdown stuck in front of computers and hence I have written this essay. But I’m very glad I was able to be part of it and thankfully it gave me an interest in TV and who knows where I would be now without it. But all good things come to an end.
Nick Harvey
God

And the Cwathen Memorial Award for the most lengthy and boring post of the century goes to.......... ohno544.
Alexia

Pete wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 21.28
Alexia wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 21.11 I've just been DM'd asking for instructions on how to access the secret forum.
I mean honestly... how are you meant to do the secret handshake over DM?
Haptics.
JoshX

"jaketvfan" has proven exactly why the Requests forum is locked until you've posted enough.
all new Phil

JoshX wrote: Sun 07 Mar, 2021 20.54 "jaketvfan" has proven exactly why the Requests forum is locked until you've posted enough.
The endless follow-on posts calling him out are more infuriating to be fair.
Jason

JoshX wrote: Sun 07 Mar, 2021 20.54 "jaketvfan" has proven exactly why the Requests forum is locked until you've posted enough.
Seems like i missed all that fun. There's no trace of this now in requests.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
AlfieMulcahy

Jason wrote: Mon 08 Mar, 2021 14.20
Seems like i missed all that fun. There's no trace of this now in requests.
It was on the GMB thread:
https://tvforum.uk/forums/post1296283#post-1296283

Account now deleted.

There has been a rise in people asking for people to create stuff For them as well without any appreciation or thanks.

(This user springs to mind: https://tvforum.uk/forums/profile/Unusual+Enterprises)
Whataday

DTV wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 15.10It wasn't the only incident - another included cityprod accussing me of being equivalent to a Birther for suggesting that an early-90s C4 Breakfast programme may have influenced the producers of The Day Today - but a general feeling of unreasonableness from certain sections of the forum put me off then and I wouldn't say that, since my return, I've personally noticed an uptick (although I have generally kept away from some of the repeat offender threads named on here).
Oh gosh he would not let that go would he. I think that's when I finally snapped after several instances of him arguing.
Beep

I've noticed Ballyboy has been very kindly offered an AfterEffects template in the Requests area. For whatever reason he's not receieved the PM but he has instead posted about 5 times today (each time deleting the old reply and adding a new one) asking for it to be delivered through a different method. I suspect the frequent delete and reposts were a method of bumping his thread in case it dares to sink down the page and the offer of something he desperately wants suddenly vanishes.

Fair to Jamesypoo for highlighting how he is presenting himself as it comes across, like so many on there of late (particularly during these lockdowns) as expectant and demanding.
Jamesypoo

I know TVF isn’t one for wild speculation usually, but my god some of the GMB presenter suggestions are out there to say the least - and I can’t tell if people are joking or not?