TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jonwo

JKDerry's ignorance about Covid and safety protocols never ceases to amaze me.
ohno544

GhostFromTVF wrote: Wed 10 Feb, 2021 22.01 The new GB News thread has already veered off into being unreadable.
I have no idea what has happened to the TV forum. Every thread seems to descend into hate, vile pus filled discussion.

I work for a major broadcaster and I certainly don't think it is a nice forum, I did attempt to sign up but no sign up email ever comes and the admin does not respond.

Just yesterday GB news was being renamed to gammon news and upvoted like hell in one post, in another they call the advertisement for Sky News Australia "sinister". I watched it and it is just a promo.

It is disgraceful behaviour and I will tell anyone at work who will listen to avoid the place. If whoever owns the site wants to save it, they will have to be a bit like the Freemasons, no politics or religion. Only way to save the site!!!
tightrope78

Jonwo wrote: Fri 12 Feb, 2021 22.35 JKDerry's ignorance about Covid and safety protocols never ceases to amaze me.
He's clueless and judgemental about every thing!
JetixFann450

ohno544 wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 12.32
GhostFromTVF wrote: Wed 10 Feb, 2021 22.01 The new GB News thread has already veered off into being unreadable.
I have no idea what has happened to the TV forum. Every thread seems to descend into hate, vile pus filled discussion.

I work for a major broadcaster and I certainly don't think it is a nice forum, I did attempt to sign up but no sign up email ever comes and the admin does not respond.

Just yesterday GB news was being renamed to gammon news and upvoted like hell in one post, in another they call the advertisement for Sky News Australia "sinister". I watched it and it is just a promo.

It is disgraceful behaviour and I will tell anyone at work who will listen to avoid the place. If whoever owns the site wants to save it, they will have to be a bit like the Freemasons, no politics or religion. Only way to save the site!!!
It would be a wild and crazy idea which would tear the TVF community apart not like it already is but...

Close the Newsroom?
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
ohno544

JetixFann450 wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 17.26
ohno544 wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 12.32

It would be a wild and crazy idea which would tear the TVF community apart not like it already is but...

Close the Newsroom?
I think radical action is required if the forum is to be saved, otherwise anyone with sense will depart. I don't see what the big deal is if politics cannot be discussed. In the old days I don't recall it coming up that much when it was just TV geeks.
Jonwo

The news junkies on the Newsroom would probably riot if it closed down.
tightrope78

Jonwo wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 21.57 The news junkies on the Newsroom would probably riot if it closed down.
It’s not even the newcomers who are the worst offenders. Brekkie is by far the worst of all. He continually breaks rules and posts highly politicised posts. Others have been permanently banned for much less.
ohno544

tightrope78 wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 23.50
Jonwo wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 21.57 The news junkies on the Newsroom would probably riot if it closed down.
It’s not even the newcomers who are the worst offenders. Brekkie is by far the worst of all. He continually breaks rules and posts highly politicised posts. Others have been permanently banned for much less.
The admins created a monster when they thanked him in the "Please read: Community guidelines" post at the top of every page.

I noticed yesterday he was getting a bit lary complaining he was only allowed to comment on graphics. It is only a matter of time before he is gone. Good riddance you sad little man.
Jonwo

I don’t get why JKDerry gets so defensive every time someone asks whether he’s speculating or knows something.
Philip

Jonwo wrote: Sun 14 Feb, 2021 16.41 I don’t get why JKDerry gets so defensive every time someone asks whether he’s speculating or knows something.
That discussion seems to have disappeared now.
dosxuk

Jonwo wrote: Sun 14 Feb, 2021 16.41 I don’t get why JKDerry gets so defensive every time someone asks whether he’s speculating or knows something.
Probably because hardly a week goes by without someone calling out one of his statements as untrue, to which he then argues it was only an opinion and he shouldn't be told off for posting his opinions.