TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tightrope78

Jonwo wrote: Sat 26 Dec, 2020 17.44 I see that Newsroom’s ban has been lifted.
He certainly begged enough for it to be lifted. It was a bit unedifying the way he was getting on round here.
JetixFann450

MatthewPrower making pointless threads about the PG Tips monkey... *sigh*
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
gottago

Pete, your response to Roger in the iPlayer thread made me howl!
tightrope78

The Christmas TV 2020 thread has taken a turn for the worse and is now basically a fantasy scheduling thread for Christmas 2021 & 2022!
thegeek

tightrope78 wrote: Thu 31 Dec, 2020 16.45 The Christmas TV 2020 thread has taken a turn for the worse and is now basically a fantasy scheduling thread for Christmas 2021 & 2022!
My fault, sorry. I didn't quite realise what I'd be unleashing.
tightrope78

thegeek wrote: Thu 31 Dec, 2020 18.21
tightrope78 wrote: Thu 31 Dec, 2020 16.45 The Christmas TV 2020 thread has taken a turn for the worse and is now basically a fantasy scheduling thread for Christmas 2021 & 2022!
My fault, sorry. I didn't quite realise what I'd be unleashing.
Never mind, just an observation.
rob

JetixFann450 wrote: Thu 31 Dec, 2020 01.54 MatthewPrower making pointless threads about the PG Tips monkey... *sigh*
He must be a troll, because no normal member of TV Forum would wish users a Happy New Year then post a video of the launch of Carlton Television...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
madmusician

I must be getting middle-aged and grumpy in my online life, as I genuinely can't stand the posting style of the teenagers who have signed up over the last month or two (thinking of three or four people in particular).

I know it's the done thing to long for some mythical glory days, but return TVF to how it was between 2006 and, I don't know, 2014 and it would be way better than it is now.
Beep

I think it was inevitable that the posting style would change. Teenagers these days are all about discord, twitch and instant messaging (and know very little else of the internet). Everything is short, often attempting sarcasm, replies with little substance. Whether this is through raising people to believe that because they’re entitled to an opinion or free speech they must offer it or use it or not is another matter.

I’ve often wondered if a small chat area (not quite IRC, as that needs moderation) for people to post their short replies and meaningless gumph and circle jerk each other so the threads don’t get derailed. Naturally hosting such a thing would probably require resources Asa, understandably, doesn’t want to fund.

I won’t criticise them too much as many here will remember when I was a complete tosser having joined at 11. I posted some wholly inappropriate things and used to talk crap a lot of the time. So for that reason I’m more patient than I should be.

I’m starting to lose the will with Ballyboy though. Thankfully he has stopped PMing me for ‘how do I do X in Y’ tips (usually by calling it an obscure name that makes no sense to me). His latest trick of deleting a mock that’s not well received is annoying me. He seems to stonewall people who offer him advice and instead effectively wanting people to do the work for him in the form of an AE Project and him to just change some words.

I used to enjoy browsing tvf but certainly since 2014/5 my interest has waned - it seems to be more about giving people stuff they want than sharing a common interest.
Andrew

I remember when I would first join forums, or newsgroups as they often were back in the day, I would hang back for a while, try to read the room, and would always assume everyone else was much older than me before I made my first posts. I’d probably still make cringeworthy immature posts when I did post.

These days people join forums and wade straight in, contributing all over the shop, in a forthright manner, and seem to assume everyone else is just like their mates in year 8 on social media.
Jonwo

Brekkie made a ludicrous claim that having entertainment shows like Dancing on Ice and sport on TV is causing people to break the lockdown rules!