TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tightrope78

Andrew wrote: Tue 08 Dec, 2020 13.33
tightrope78 wrote: Tue 08 Dec, 2020 12.37 Perfectly OK it seems for Kay Burley and Beth Rigby to be out flouting Covid regulations, unlike all the others that TVF have castigated for the same actions.
I’m not sure why Brekkie seems to be doing his best to shut it down, I never knew he was such a big Kay Burley fan
His latest post on the vaccine roll out being a gross invasion of privacy just beggars belief! He’s just unbearable. Probably Brexit doing it to him.
Jonwo

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Brekkie's negativity tiresome at times.
tightrope78

Jonwo wrote: Tue 08 Dec, 2020 15.16 I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Brekkie's negativity tiresome at times.
He has dug himself into a hole with the Kay Burley situation and he can’t get out of it now. I doubt he’s a fan of her, though he’ll love her confrontational attitude to Tory ministers, it’s more that the story emerged thanks to right-leaning sites such as Guido Fawkes and the Daily Mail.
rob

For someone who doesn't live in the UK, LWTfan1968 REALLY hates the BBC Two idents...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
cobbles

Anyone else irked by all the people the people moaning Corrie's 60th was a let down cos they didn't blow up half the street?
JetixFann450

rob wrote: Thu 10 Dec, 2020 05.00 For someone who doesn't live in the UK, LWTfan1968 REALLY hates the BBC Two idents...
I seriously do not get the whole hate over the idents, it's a radical change but it's still a unique symbol. Companies do it all the time, it was clear the bladed '2', while iconic, was needed of a refresh. I bet it's because it's not BBC One who got the idents.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
all new Phil

tightrope78 wrote: Tue 08 Dec, 2020 12.37 Perfectly OK it seems for Kay Burley and Beth Rigby to be out flouting Covid regulations, unlike all the others that TVF have castigated for the same actions.
I think the general rule is that it’s fine if it’s someone you like, but bad if it’s someone you don’t. Didn’t Jeremy Corbyn break the rules at one point by attending or hosting a dinner party? I’d be very interested to know if those who condemned that are also condemning Burley, or those who are supporting Burley supported Corbyn at the time.
tightrope78

Having been good at keeping rota talk off the site and penalising people for posting off-topic posts (and random political stuff) it feels like the Kay Burley affair has set this policy back to square one.
Jamesypoo

The annual TV predictions thread... I know there's usually a lot of fantasy around but is it just me or is some of this years lunacy and wishful thinking off the charts?
bilky asko

Jamesypoo wrote: Mon 14 Dec, 2020 08.34 The annual TV predictions thread... I know there's usually a lot of fantasy around but is it just me or is some of this years lunacy and wishful thinking off the charts?
They always seem to be either predictions of things that are known to be happening, or completely outlandish guesses. And then there's all New Phil guessing Piers Morgan will be hosting News at Ten next year, which I think is now a regular prediction. And is definitely on the outlandish side.
gottago

Jamesypoo wrote: Mon 14 Dec, 2020 08.34 The annual TV predictions thread... I know there's usually a lot of fantasy around but is it just me or is some of this years lunacy and wishful thinking off the charts?
Yes, was just thinking the same thing. Bizarre what goes through some people's heads.