Adverts that irritate and entertain

thegeek

I'm not sure how i feel about B&Q turning "you can do it" into a motivational statement.
thegeek

Anyone else find it odd that the Dove Men+Care ad includes not just BBC Sport score graphics, but in one clip BBC watermark suggesting it's been taken from iPlayer?
woah

Is it just me wondering why watching a virtual Rita Ora trod around some London landmarks through an iPhone is something anyone would want to do?

You have to wonder if they're trying to think of cool new things you could do with 5G given there aren't really any compelling reasons at the moment.

Philip

That’s the thing that gets me, it’s not even Rita Ora, it’s a CG version of her with a terrifying virtual face. It’s like Rita Ora for Nintendo 64.
bilky asko

And would something like that require 5G speeds? I doubt it.
gottago

woah wrote: Mon 23 Nov, 2020 21.40 Is it just me wondering why watching a virtual Rita Ora trod around some London landmarks through an iPhone is something anyone would want to do?

You have to wonder if they're trying to think of cool new things you could do with 5G given there aren't really any compelling reasons at the moment.
Yes it looks shite doesn't it. Laughably so. That bit where she turns round towards the end looks like the whole thing's about the crash. And then when Kevin says "you'll be the envy of everyone." No you won't.
Philip

Looks like the Asda family have been dropped from the latest advert.
Philip

Love the Verisure advert with its not-unnatural-at-all corporate script and the fact that the men are seemingly banned from speaking throughout the entire thing.
james2001

I pick up the remote and change channel every time that advert with the footballers singing I Will Survive to their teammate to tell him not to puck up his phone while driving comes on. Horrifically irritating advert.
Philip

What on earth is going on with this woman's voice? The most grating thing on television at the moment

Philip

The people behind the "Vinted" app seem to have a budget that allows them to create a new advert virtually every week. Seems like there's an advert for each specific demographic they're trying to go after.