TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Philip

tightrope78 wrote: Fri 16 Oct, 2020 23.30
Andrew wrote: Fri 16 Oct, 2020 22.51 It’s gone from one extreme to another in the Newsroom, I can’t believe Jane Hill hosted the Ten last Friday and it wasn’t mentioned at all. Previously her daytime shift starting one hour early would generate two pages!
You’re absolutely right! I noticed that Jane presented the Ten and couldn't believe no one mentioned it. People do seem wary of contributing anything remotely rota-like now.
But what more is there to say other than 'Jane Hill is presenting the Ten tonight', which IMO isn't that interesting in and of itself? All you can follow that up with is speculation on why she's doing it and shift patterns and so on.
Jonny

Philip wrote: Sat 17 Oct, 2020 12.04 But what more is there to say other than 'Jane Hill is presenting the Ten tonight', which IMO isn't that interesting in and of itself? All you can follow that up with is speculation on why she's doing it and shift patterns and so on.
Agreed. "BBC newsreader reads news on BBC News bulletin". OK.

If a new starter or Sir Trevor McDonald popped up and/or the topic is a critique of their performance, that would be fine.

I've always thought it's the equivalent of someone keeping a log of the idents played out on BBC2, then posting something like "BBC2 usually plays Paint
or Neon before Flog It, but today they used Blade".

And I've seen the above example start to happen, especially after rebrands, and it gets slapped down quickly too. Because it would be incredibly boring and unengaging every single day.
anotherbeauty

Anyone know why accounts are now being deleted at will without warning?
bilky asko

anotherbeauty wrote: Mon 19 Oct, 2020 14.38 Anyone know why accounts are now being deleted at will without warning?
Presumably sockpuppets of previously banned users.
anotherbeauty

bilky asko wrote: Mon 19 Oct, 2020 15.49
anotherbeauty wrote: Mon 19 Oct, 2020 14.38 Anyone know why accounts are now being deleted at will without warning?
I asked the site admin and apparently I was marked as another user posting at the same time. This was not the case but I am unsure of what system is in use to determine multiple accounts under the same person.

Anyway all good I just wanted to know. I suspect there are established members that suggested I was somebody else just to get rid of me. I think I will just browse from now on!
bilky asko

anotherbeauty wrote: Mon 19 Oct, 2020 16.20
I asked the site admin and apparently I was marked as another user posting at the same time. This was not the case but I am unsure of what system is in use to determine multiple accounts under the same person.

Anyway all good I just wanted to know. I suspect there are established members that suggested I was somebody else just to get rid of me. I think I will just browse from now on!
Likely an IP address thing, perhaps if you've been posting from an establishment of some kind you'll soon be able to find a television presentation friend / enemy.
TIGHazard

bilky asko wrote: Mon 19 Oct, 2020 16.45
anotherbeauty wrote: Mon 19 Oct, 2020 16.20

Likely an IP address thing, perhaps if you've been posting from an establishment of some kind you'll soon be able to find a television presentation friend / enemy.
Or VPN maybe?
Andrew

I could have bet my savings on when that BBC social media rules thread started, which member or members would have been the ones to wade in and dominate proceedings
tightrope78

Andrew wrote: Thu 29 Oct, 2020 22.40 I could have bet my savings on when that BBC social media rules thread started, which member or members would have been the ones to wade in and dominate proceedings
Brekkie is probably having a bad day, what with JC’s expulsion from the Labour Party. He seems ever more cantankerous than usual.
jsm

Really fascinated by the guy obsessed with doubling down on false equivalence between MSNBC and Fox News, even in unrelated threads.
Martin Phillp

jsm wrote: Fri 30 Oct, 2020 19.04 Really fascinated by the guy obsessed with doubling down on false equivalence between MSNBC and Fox News, even in unrelated threads.
It's my one weakness on TVF I'm afraid, but when you're debating the likes of Cityprick and Mouseboy who aren't known for their diplomatic debating skills, I'll keep it going.
TVF's London Lite.